Aging and still having fun!

>> Friday, August 31, 2007

A friend of mine is turning 30 today (Happy Birthday Michele!) and she is having a hard time with it. Having turned 30 a bunch of years ago I don't think that it is a big deal but I got to thinking about it and remembered how tough it was for me. When I was in my early 20's I thought that I would be settled down and have kiddies running all over the place (at least) by the time I turned 30 (b/c that was SO OLD). Well, my path didn't quite follow what I thought it would and I didn't even meet my wonderful husband until I was 28 and it took him FOREVER to ask me to marry him so I was single and without children on my 30th birthday. The topper was I was in a place I didn't really know many people and my husband was out of town so I was alone. A girl ended up taking me to a local pizza/brewery and I had a decent time but iat the time it felt like a bad birthday. Now since turning that magical number I don't think that I have ever been so content. I am comfortable with myself and now I am glad that life turned out the way that it did b/c I am able to stay home with my kids (even though it can be tight) and I think that I am more patient now than I used to be which makes me a better mama. So Michele, if you are reading this I think that at first it is hard to swallow (hello you are not in your 20's anymore) but life just gets better from here.

The girls and I met a few mamas and their kiddos at the park yesterday, parks are always so much fun. It was overcast so a little cooler than what has been the norm here of around 95-100 everyday! I was still sweating with my hot babe sleeping contently in my PANEL KOZY while chasing my 2 year old all over the place but it wasn't running down my back so all was good. Piper wanted to swing, wait no she wanted to run and jump, hold on did you see that spring rider? She is so carefree and happy at the park, I wish that this one was closer because it is fabulous for the younger children as well as older ones. Unfortunately I didn't really get a chance to hang with the other ladies because my daughter was go go go but hey we got a wonderful afternoon nap out of the deal :) A huge group from the Christian school came over to play and almost trampled our kids so that was our cue to leave. We weren't the only ones though because I noticed all the other mamas at the park packing up their kids b/c the older children were really running over them. Too bad that the teachers weren't watching that a little better. Anyway check out the fun and have a wonderful Friday!

3 comments:

Darcys Knotty Knitter Friday, August 31, 2007  

My 30th B-Day was aweful I was going threw a divorce and collapsed and couldnt walk but my friends brought me balloons and cake.Iam turning (40) October 25th
WoW the one every woman dreads.lol but for me this year has been really hard so as I turn 40 things are looking up Iam healing from major surgeries and have my knitting group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/knottyknitter/join and There is a Yarn Store Opening up 30 minutes from me http://www.theyarnpalette.com/
and I will be one of the Instructors giving classess there;) magic loop anyone?Hugs Darcy

Jennifer Friday, August 31, 2007  

I am enjoying my 30s sooo much more than I did my 20s. (My early 20s were filled with drama and self-made angst. *eye roll*) Tell your friend to welcome 30 with open arms!

Love the slide show -- the music is perfect!

Anonymous Friday, August 31, 2007  

Ahh yes I am having a hard time not being in my 20s anymore! My 30th birthday was actually really great and eveyone is telling me that their 30s were/are much better then their 20s so I guess there's hope LOL. Another great video Jessie. You are going to have to show me how you do that. Who is that handsome little boy in the video ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons