Memory Lane Monday - The Two Lines

>> Monday, August 6, 2007


I was checking out a new site (to me) called Moms Blogging and for Memory Lane Monday they asked for us to share our feelings or story about when we first found out we were pregnant so today I am going to share my story about finding out I was pregnant with my oldest, Piper.

We had been trying for sometime to get pregnant and it just wasn't working. I was crazy about it and my wonderful husband was so calm and reassuring telling me that it would happen if I just quit worrying. That is hard to tell a 33 year old woman who is wondering all sorts of things about herself, ya know. Anyway, back to subject, I bought pregnancy tests constantly and like a day before AF was supposed to come I would test and was so dejected when it would come back negative. The day that I found out I was pregnant with Piper AF was 3 days late (and surprisingly I didn't test yet) and I thought what the heck. Matt was in the kitchen and I took the test in the bathroom and sat with it until the time was up. Have you ever had such a faint line that you thought maybe it wasn't there? I saw the most faint line but hoped I wasn't just seeing things. When I brought it to Matt I was crying when I asked him (almost begging for him to agree) if he saw the same line. He did, then we sat and held each other because it was a dream come true for both of us. I will never forget how happy I was at that moment, as I am writing this I am reliving the anticipation and joy that I felt in that short 3 minutes while waiting for the results. Others write much better than I do but I hope that you enjoyed my precious memory a little bit, it was one of the best days of my life.

6 comments:

Anonymous Monday, August 06, 2007  

What a sweet story!!


Glad you found MomsBlogging! It's a great site!


I have my story posted on my blog if you want to pop by sometime.

http://laurawilliamsmusings.blogspot.com/2007/08/memory-lane-monday-two-lines.html

Musings of a Housewife Monday, August 06, 2007  

Aw, what a great story! Yours is similar to mine. After testing too soon every month, the month it was positive I almost forgot to test!

Nell Monday, August 06, 2007  

Oh, how beautiful! The second pregnancy our lines were terribly faint, but there was still no doubt there were lines. I remember how that felt...awe...I read these stories and want another baby. LOL I love your daughters name, too :)

Nell @ MomsBlogging.com

Dawn Tuesday, August 07, 2007  

Yours sounds like my 2nd - we'd been trying for 5 years before I got the faintest of lines and didn't believe my eyes either. I had to have my hubby check for me too :)

Dawn @ http://dawnandjimmy.us/blog/

mama k Tuesday, August 07, 2007  

That's similar to my story.. the super faint line after searching for one month after month.

I posted mine here:
http://mamaknj.blogspot.com/2007/08/moms-blogging-is-asking-you-to-share.html

Deb Tuesday, August 07, 2007  

That's such a sweet story! We had a very faint line with our second and third daughters too - I remember squinting and turning the stick every which way in the light... :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons