Sunday at the (petting) Zoo

>> Sunday, August 26, 2007

I have been wanting to get back over to Patterson Farm to get some more jelly and honey so today the Zoo took a little ride out there. Earlier in the morning Matt and I took the girls to our home improvement store to get some things for their playroom and by the time we got them home they were both worn out. After unsuccessfully trying to put them both down for a little nap we decided to just leave and take our chances. Matt and I were on each other's nerves already so 2 unhappy babes didn't help. Poor Megan! Little did we know that Patterson Farm was having a Wild West Day or something like that but ok we were there so we thought what the heck. It is still 185 thousand degrees here and they don't have much in the way of shade out there. Poor Piper was so hot and I had Violet in the mai tei that I made on my back sleeping but they were such troopers for most of it. Patterson charged $3 a person ($12 for our group which I thought was ridiculous) for the "activities". We basically fed some goats, pigs, and a peacock, Piper got her face stamped with a cutie duck, and finally she got a chance to play on the big boat (slide) that they had there. After all was said and done she was tired out and if you take the time to watch all the pictures I have a great sequence of photos where she didn't want to leave the tractors and finally had her total meltdown. We have great kids and they are relatively easy going about things like this so we are very lucky that way. It was Piper's nap time when we left and once in the van both girls were out cold (btw, it was the best nap Violet has taken in at least a week!). The last picture is Piper eating on some of the corn we got from today - she loved it! Another good Sunday in my book!

2 comments:

la bellina mammina Monday, August 27, 2007  

Your daughters are so cute! What a great and fun outing!

Jennifer Monday, August 27, 2007  

Darling pictures! What a fun day. And is that Dave Matthews, as the slideshow backgroud music? I haven't heard that one before -- love it. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons