Why is brushing such a fight???

>> Thursday, August 9, 2007

"Be true to your teeth and they won't be false to you"


My homepage is set to Dogpile which I love. I guess it is no better or worse than any other but when I go to search I like seeing Arfie. This month Dogpile told me that it is Dental Awareness Month and supplied the cute little quote that I listed above except that I put down the way it was originally said. When I went to investigate what someone would do to during dental awareness month I found that it is in AUSTRALIA! Ahh well...

It is pretty easy to brush a baby's teeth but when they start getting older it gets really tricky - or maybe it is only in my house (gosh I hope I am not the only one). We started out with a little kiddie brush when Piper had a few bottom teeth to try and get her used to it. I don't really know what happened but ever since about January she fights me brushing her teeth like crazy! When I brush mine I normally let her come in and use her brush to do it herself but I still need to go over them - she has actually started biting down on the brush and not opening her mouth back up! I have resorted to getting one of those finger brushes and although I try to make it seem like a "fun" thing end up with her crying and me begging for her to keep her mouth open. Such a pain 2 times a day, makes me dread it! Now, she will let me floss her teeth - how crazy is that? The next one in line has had a few teeth now and we are starting all over again. I am not sure what to do to make her enjoy this experience more. I am really careful about my teeth; I floss daily and brush morning and night. I had hoped that watching me do it would just naturally make my kids want to (those crazy pre-children thoughts again). Anyway, if anyone has an suggestions please pass them to me because they would be appreciated. Now, everyone in Australia go floss!!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons