Ahh summer...

>> Friday, August 3, 2007

I love summer but ever since I became pregnant with Piper I have not been the same person dealing with the heat. There was a time when I loved it, the hotter the better, but not anymore. I found a link to enter a fabulous contest at Mums the Wurd to win a rockin tattoo tee by Betty & Dean for the babes. Enter by leaving your favorite quote in their comment area, AFTER READING MY BLOG :), Mine was heat related because it feels like if I walk outside I will be well done in about 10 minutes! I decided to hunt down some other hot quotes to try and find some humor about our scorching weather . Here goes...
~ "Weather out there today is hot and shitty, with continued hot and shitty in the afternoon..." - Good Morning Vietnam
~ It's so hot the birds have to use potholders to pull worms out of the ground.
~ It's hotter than two cats fighting in one of Darcy's wool socks.
~ It's so hot I saw two trees fighting over a dog.
~ It is so hot today I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were both walking.
~ It's so hot I just saw the devil dancing buck-naked in the middle of the driveway.
~ I hope you brought the champagne glasses because it is TOASTY out.
and lastly...
~ It's not the heat, it's the humidity.

I took the girls outside this morning to burn off some energy and play. Piper loves her Step2 Water Table and would stay out there and play with it all day everyday if we let her. She will drink about 1/4 of the water inside of it each time we set it up - crazy girl!



Lastly, I'd like to give a shout out to my Diaper Swapper friend, Darcy. I am so glad to hear that your recovery is going well from your surgery and I can't wait to get the email that you are back to your old self again. Until then, enjoy bed rest as much as you can and have fun knitting those socks mama! BTW, how funny was is it to see how similar our sites are?? CRAZY!

1 comments:

Darcys Knotty Knitter Saturday, August 04, 2007  

I had to tell my hubby all your sayings about heat he liked the birds and potholders one best and I liked the one you posted to the contest best:) I hope you dont mind I entered all the drawings also what fun I hope you or I win something from the contests;)I love your blog!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons