They do watch don't they

>> Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Matt is a little under the weather today and slept in a bit before he left for work. In the morning I have my morning coffee while Piper watches The Wiggles and then Higgly Town then we try to start our day. We have been waving goodbye to Daddy every morning since she was an infant, of course it was me back then doing the waving. This morning I picked up Violet to wave goodbye too and Piper picked up her baby doll and sat in the window waving her baby's hand the same way that I was waving Violet's, it was so sweet! The other day I just about cried when I saw my daughter pick up her ring sling, put her baby in it (I have to help a little with this) and then pat the baby's bum while kissing it's forehead. I guess it is what I do with Violet and she has been watching closely. Now I also have a story about my oldest in the back seat saying "D*** it!" which I am having to work on and hope that it doesn't stick in her brain the same way. It is so cool to me that my child has picked up babywearing though, I made her the ring sling and some day will make her a mei tai but she can't tie the ties yet and it would just be a mess taking it off and on right now. One thing that we don't have though is a pouch sling but The Crunchy Domestic Goddess is giving a reversible one away so maybe we will have one in the near future if we win! Here is my little baby wearing mama to be...



Oh, another thing that she has picked up is putting a diaper on her baby. None of her diapers fit that little baby so I found a free pattern to make her some out of some scrap material that I have laying around. The other night she took some of my cloth wipes and a (too big) diaper and cleaned her doll up and then diapered her. Crazy stuff because I keep thinking "She just turned 2!" Children amaze me constantly - I just love being a mom!

3 comments:

Drea Tuesday, August 28, 2007  

ow a giveaway! I made a ring sling for Caleb out of small rings I took off a sling.. and he wont wear it unless I wear Taite.. so thats kinda annoying haha.
I think because I never wore Caleb he isnt familiar with it. I have a feeling Taite will be much more into the babywearing ;-) since hes worn daily. BTW that slings beautiful shes using! what kind is it?

Jessie Tuesday, August 28, 2007  

Aw, thanks for the compliement Andrea I made that sling for Piper :)

onemotherslove Tuesday, August 28, 2007  

That is absolutely adorable! Really makes you aware of everything you do, doesn't it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons