No Sleep for Mama

>> Saturday, August 11, 2007

I can't remember the last time that I slept more than 4 hours; it is all part of being a mom but sleep would sure be nice. When I was pregnant I had to get up all the time to pee so I would guess it was sometime early 2006 that was the last time I slept through the night. After Piper was about 3 months old she started really sleeping good and still does. She has never been a long napper but she goes down early and wakes 12 hours later. Now, our youngest is a different story. She slept over 4 hours for I think a week of her short life and has never done it again since. Her teeth came in and that was when this every 3 hours waking to feed thing started and she just hasn't quit. I believe that she is snacking at night or just finding me for comfort, that is what I think but who knows. Any day now those 2 top teeth are going to pop in, I am trying to remain optimistic that this won't last much longer. Lack of sleep really affects a person though, there are days when I notice this especially in my moods or tolerance of Piper's behavior. I have to keep reminding myself that she is 2! A friend of mine told me that babes sometimes wake a lot when a big milestone is in their future - Violet has been standing a bunch lately so maybe she will walk (a whole other post will be coming if I have a walking 7 month old!!). Anyway, every once in a while they will nap at the same time and I will catch a few minutes with them. I guess it just makes me feel every bit of my 36 years when my butt is dragging like this - this won't last forever though and I do cherish all my time with the babes.

2 comments:

Drea Tuesday, August 14, 2007  

Thats so hard! I cant imagine. Both my boys sleep great... Caleb 12 hours and a 2-3 hour nap, still and hes almost 3. Hes slept the long nights since he was a week old... 10 hours at a week!!!

Taite around 5 months starting sleeping through the night. He now sleeps 8pm-7am most days.
And takes 3 naps sometimes 4.
Hes almost 8 months.

I saw a post on my friend blog about her son James. He wouldnt sleep either and hes a month or two older than Taite.
She recently started trying something new with him.. and its really interesting to read how shes getting him to sleep longer!

Go to my blog and click the tab at the top that says blog-roll, scroll down and find "quest to motherhood" thats her blog.
You may find it helpful

Cant wait to see your dreamcarrier.
Ive owned one actually. Theres a photo on her website showing Elizabeth (mason and terris mom) using my dream carrier at the creek. Its the morning glory print. I sold mine on thebabywearer.com because it was hard to tie. It was the wrap style though. I heard her padded shoulder ones are MUCH better.

Cant wait to see yours!

Jennifer Tuesday, August 14, 2007  

No, it won't last forever, and yes, they are only little for such a short time. Everyone says that. But, oh boy, NOT SLEEPING for YEARS on end (hee) is really, really hard. It would be impossible for it to "last forever", because we'd all die. *grin*

Wishing you many ZzZzZs in your near future!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons