Marley

>> Friday, January 7, 2011

We dog sat Marley last year. For almost 2 weeks she lived with us. While here I just couldn't believe how well she fit with our little family. The other 2 dogs had no issue with her whatsoever. This past November her owner called and asked if we would take her to be ours. Matt and I talked a lot about it because we weren't in the market for a new dog. I have never even thought of myself as a lab owner. They are pretty crazy dogs but this one wasn't. It was my husband who finally said yes because he REALLY liked her. Marley's old owner decided at that time last November that she couldn't give her up and I can totally understand that because this is one great dog. This past Tuesday though I got a call from her again and this time she made her decision and was ready to live with it. Her father brought the dog to us that night. I will say it again, this is one great dog!

1/52


When I get on the floor she immediately comes by me to get some love. How I wish that bookshelf wasn't in this picture. This big girl is one of us now :)

Marley

13 comments:

Tara Friday, January 07, 2011  

Oh my! SOOOO cute. I love her and I love your capture. That is really nice of you to take her in...now she has a loving family :)

Tezzie Friday, January 07, 2011  

I'm in love...with both your dog and the photo! And, I like that the bookshelf is in the picture; it adds interest. She's a gorgeous lab...and any lab we've ever had or that I've known hasn't been 'crazy' at all! They're pretty much known for being laid back food lovin' couch potatoes that are up for cuddles at any time :D I'm happy you took her in...your family will gain so much from being 'her people'!

Rachael Friday, January 07, 2011  

Nothing like a sleeping lab on the floor! Enjoy your new great dog :-)

Ashley Sisk Friday, January 07, 2011  

These are such sweet shots. So beautiful.

Cara Friday, January 07, 2011  

That is so awesome, I just love dogs and grew up with them. I had a yellow lab named Abbey who was like my shadow. We currently don't have a dog but once we get a new home with a yard we can fence we are definitely getting one.

Your photo's of her are amazing!

Kathleen Friday, January 07, 2011  

She is beautiful and looks so very sweet! I actually like the bookshelf in the photo - I love books and dogs, so why not pair them? :)

btw, your children in your header? Gorgeous!

deb duty Saturday, January 08, 2011  

She's beautiful. You are a lucky family to have her. I love the photos and the bookcase doesn't bother me at all!

Elizabeth Lyng Saturday, January 08, 2011  

Oh, she looks so precious - the photos of her are just beautiful!

Gabby Malcuit Saturday, January 08, 2011  

Yay for the new dog. The bookshelf isn't even a problem.

Together We Save Sunday, January 09, 2011  

Oh wow -she is a cutie!!

Shelly at Aperture of My Eye Sunday, January 09, 2011  

What a beautiful dog!

Tara Monday, January 10, 2011  

Marley is in the Top 3! Congrats!

georgia b. Tuesday, January 11, 2011  

really enjoying the 52 project shots so far.

and these?... oh, my! what a lovable dog. she is so stinkin' adorable, especially sleeping. i so want a dog. this just makes me want one even more. outstanding photos of her. love the down low and up above perspectives you used to photograph her.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons