52 Weeks of Me - Focus on Unusual Elements (4/52)

>> Sunday, January 23, 2011

I was going to have the focus be somewhere on my body (earring, tattoo, freshly painted finger nails) but decided instead to focus on the little gadget that is visiting the zoo because I haven't returned it yet. Sorry Rachel it will find it's way back to you soon! To get this shot I had the older girls hold a black sleeping bag in front of me. To get an even background I duplicated the background layer and adjusted the curves until the background was nice and black. Then I erased back the camera. Normally I just burn the background a little and it works but it would have taken longer on this shot and I am an impatient PS'er.

4/52


and our Piper playing with the Brownie too. I'll bet it will be her that shares the love for photography. She is drawn to my camera every time I get it out. She got such a kick out of this old fashioned Kodak. I am going to keep my eye out for one of our own.

a girl and a camera


It is never too late to join Cara and I in the 52 Weeks of Me project! Please add your self portrait to our flicker group. Next week is Daily Activities.



13 comments:

Cara Sunday, January 23, 2011  

Oh, I want one too! I love what you did for this week theme too! Do you use a black sleeping bag as a backdrop for some of your other photo's? I was wondering how you got the black background and was going to ask.
BTW- Tammy Lee Bradley sells vintage camera's on her site, you should go check them out: Tammy Lee Bradley

a Sunday, January 23, 2011  

I love the shot of your daughter! Just the right "pop" of color! :)

Corey~living and loving Sunday, January 23, 2011  

oooo how fun! That looks so cool! great shot....I love the comp.

Susie B. Homemaker Sunday, January 23, 2011  

Great shots- your photos are always beautiful. I may have asked you this already before but what camera do you shoot with? I have been trying to decide between a Nikon 3100 or 5000 or the Canon T1i and would love some input. :)

Nickolaus Cave Sunday, January 23, 2011  

I didn't see your reflection in the first picture at first. Very nice.

Angela Friend Sunday, January 23, 2011  

I just love your shot! I think it is so great that your daughter is sharing your love for photography!
Have a great week!
Angie

Jen Sunday, January 23, 2011  

I love your take on the theme. So creative and interesting.

Kimberly Monday, January 24, 2011  

Our takes this week could be "then and now" shots. :) Love, love yours.

Megan Monday, January 24, 2011  

i adore this shot, jessie.
as usual, i'm a day late and a dollar short, but i'm here!

Shelly at Aperture of My Eye Monday, January 24, 2011  

I love vintage cameras and seeing these photos makes me want to run out and get one myself! It bet you guys had an awesome time playing around. Beautiful shots and thanks for adding the PS tips!!

Buckeroomama Tuesday, January 25, 2011  

Thanks for sharing your steps in making the black background. Now I'll have to try that soon. :)

cynthia Tuesday, January 25, 2011  

Oooh. Revealing your tricks of the trade here, I see. Glad you included the picture of your daughter. Love the colourful background, too. Happy or dramatic b/w? Not sure which I like better. Both, I guess : )

Anonymous Tuesday, February 22, 2011  

I came across this project on Jill's page and it seemed like fun so I decided to join. I hope it's not too late! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons