52 Weeks of Me - Traditional Portrait (1/52)

>> Sunday, January 2, 2011

We are off! I am thrilled that Cara asked me to share this with her. Taking these pictures is hard and it will continue to get harder as the themes challenge me each week to come up with something I have not done before. It is what I wanted but you can't imagine how difficult it is to look at a bunch of images that you took of yourself and try and choose one that you sort of like. The project will be good for me I think.

This was taken in my bedroom where we have a sliding glass door. Very good light in there but normally not the first place I choose for a picture. This day I was feeling the light walls.

1/52


Be sure to either to add your photo to the flickr pool! Next week we are doing Reflective Surfaces. Join anytime!

12 comments:

Kimberly Sunday, January 02, 2011  

Okay, I'm in! And look at you, jumping in with a big bang and a totally different look for you. Beautiful Jessie. If I looked like you I wouldn't have any trepidation about the 52 weeks!

Mama.Mommy.Mom. Sunday, January 02, 2011  

Fantastic picture, Jessie!

a Sunday, January 02, 2011  

I'm playing along, too! :)

Cara Sunday, January 02, 2011  

I love the light in this photo and how you are not actually looking at the camera. I like the catchlight in your eyes too.

Shelly at Aperture of My Eye Sunday, January 02, 2011  

Jessie, what a lovely shot. The lighting in the pic is just gorgeous as well. I also had a very time also staring at all the pics of myself and trying to choose a half-decent one...ewww! We'll see how the next 51 weeks turn out! Looking forward to seeing everyone's pics.

Angela Friend Sunday, January 02, 2011  

Oh my goodness Jessie, that photo is absolutely beautiful! So happy to be on this bandwagon!

Jen Sunday, January 02, 2011  

You are gorgeous. The way the light is reflected in your eyes is just perfect.

Chelsey - The Paper Mama Monday, January 03, 2011  

Beautiful photo. I'm starting the 52 theme over at Picture Motherhood!

http://picturemotherhood.blogspot.com/p/52-themes.html

Here's my 52 group if you'd like to join it too:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/1601237@N23/

Mama.Mommy.Mom. Monday, January 03, 2011  

Mine is up! So excited for next week!

Megan Monday, January 03, 2011  

that is one gorgeous shot, jessie. seriously. you and the light are beautiful!

Staci A Monday, January 03, 2011  

It is a lovely photo! You look so pretty!

I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to post so many photos of myself!

Corey~living and loving Wednesday, January 05, 2011  

What a great idea! is it too late to join?
love this shot...spot on!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons