Left Behind

>> Saturday, January 15, 2011

As Piper is growing up she is invited to a lot of things that Violet is not. I have tried very hard to give Violet her own little life without Piper as well but the 3/4 year old crowd doesn't have a lot of independence yet. Wednesday during our 3rd snow day home I received a call from one of Piper's school friends. They were wanting to pick her up for a playdate. How excited was she? My Violet was heartbroken because she was supposed to have had a friend over here that same morning but the little girl was sick. Now Piper was getting to leave and she had to stay here. So unfair! I got out the paints, let her eat her crackers & hummus in the living room, and sat through no less than 5 books that she wanted to read to me.

My favorite out of all her artwork today
V's artwork

While she was reading
lashes


Her playdate with the little girl from preschool was rescheduled for next Wednesday and we got a surprise visit from the USP guy (what she calls him) - a very pretty skirt that mama ordered her before Christmas. Not too bad of a day after all.

6 comments:

Mrs. Stam Saturday, January 15, 2011  

the case of the middle child!!! We have it here too, Rebekah likes to do her own thing or play Mama with Rachel but often leave Sarah behind.

Sarah is pretty independent (i guess part of her temperament)but still I always feel bad for her when she is not involve in the play team!!!

Buckeroomama Saturday, January 15, 2011  

It's the other way around here... Now that J is in first grade, he doesn't have time for play dates during the week, whereas Z gets to have play dates in the afternoons (she only has school in the mornings). She comes home regaling him with what she did, how much fun she had and he's now saying it's not fair that she gets to go on so many play dates when he couldn't. =(

cynthia Saturday, January 15, 2011  

Definitely a great day. I like it when that happens : ) You captured the vividness of her painting so beautifully ... it reminds me that I need to photograph my own kids' artwork somewhere other than the dark caverns of our basement where their "studio" is set up. Or scan them but they're often too big to put on the scanner.

Joey Lynn Resciniti Saturday, January 15, 2011  

My husband called it the PUS guy when he was little. Why is that so hard?

Great painting!

Tara Sunday, January 16, 2011  

Aw, poor little one :( but it sounds like you were a great mommy! Love the painting and love the photo of her :)

Michelle G Tuesday, January 18, 2011  

We have that even with our 10 year old and 7 year old. The 10 year old gets asked to go to sleepovers, out on fishing boats etc. and the 7 year old just watches. :(
We always try to make it a fun day for him too somehow - but just the other day he said "That's okay he's just the favorite" "What do you mean honey?" I asked...he replied "Well we're both those kids friends, but he's the favorite" sniff...sigh...tear.
Life is hard and kids can be so blunt. :(
We went to the park - and dad took him for Dairy queen. poor baby.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons