I am the mama of a 1st grader

>> Friday, June 10, 2011

180 days went very quickly. It just seems like yesterday that Piper first started kindergarten and now I have a rising 1st grader. Wow. Piper has grown so much over the course of the past year. She writes stories, reads books, and has sleepovers. The school had a little graduation and the kids all performed.

screenPiperHer class



Afterwards I got a mama to take a quick shot of the girls and I.
us

Then we got Piper's summer homework. Did I just say that? Why yes I did :) We got 2 math workbooks and 6 (WHAT???) reading workbooks. At least when she is "so bored" I will have something on hand to pull out. Lucky her :)

Finally I took an obligatory 1st day of school picture and decided to do a last day shot as well. For giggles I put her in the same dress. Gone is my baby and in her place a beautiful growing girl. Excuse me while I dry my eyes, again.

piper's first day of kindergartenpiper's last day of kindergarten

6 comments:

Anonymous Friday, June 10, 2011  

Cute performance by the class! The difference from day 1 to the last is amazing to see how she has grown :-)

Rachael

Jen Friday, June 10, 2011  

I love the side by side shots. Look how much she grew in one year? That always amazes me.

Corey~living and loving Friday, June 10, 2011  

look at her growth. I love the idea of a last day of school picture in the same outfit. I just might steal that. :) your Piper is darling.

Mama.Mommy.Mom. Friday, June 10, 2011  

Wow! The shorter hair really makes her look older! Sniff. It's sad, but exciting at the same time, to watch them grow up!

Liz Mays Monday, June 13, 2011  

Holy cow, what a remarkable change since the year's beginning. She's equally adorable in both though. :)

I love the performance!

PS. I was over by Beaufort somewhere on that beach shot. Where is the shark tooth beach? So cool!

Buckeroomama Wednesday, June 15, 2011  

Goodness, how she's grown!

Lovely performance! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons