Wordful Wednesday - Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler

>> Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The girls have been talking about the king cake that they knew I was making today for about a week now. They remember the fun but think that they remember the cake from last year. So today I put the time into making one for our little family party tonight. I love king cake. We didn't hide a traditional baby but instead a littlest pet shop figure. It ended up between the piece that Piper and Violet picked so they have to have the party next year :)

cake (1 of 1)

Masks are a must at any Mardi Gras party. I love that the older two really used their imagination and made the masks extra fancy.

masks = girls (1 of 1)

My mask and Matt's were not as fancy but I was getting other things ready - like supper :)

masks = ours (1 of 1)

One thing that I didn't take into consideration when I put glitter all over Matt's mask was that it might get into his eye. That is the reason for this picture that I am posting. He got a piece of glitter in his eye and couldn't see. Wouldn't be a party without someone going blind right?

us (1 of 1)

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler



6 comments:

Mrs. Stam Wednesday, March 09, 2011  

what a neat idea, so you had a toy hidden in the cake??? interesting, is it a tradition?

Michelle G Wednesday, March 09, 2011  

OH which brings me to my FAVORITE King cake story...
My hubby and I honeymooned in New Orleans. His aunt and uncle met us and we all had a king cake (this was 25 years ago) well 3 years ago I saw that Wal Mart had king cakes...I was SUPER excited (outrageously excited)and bought one (these were HUGE HUGE with an over 18" diameter)I explain the whole tradition and tell everyone at home that we all have to have a piece to see who "wins"! We all eat a large pc. and no one gets the "baby" hmmm....so I MAKE (seriously!) everyone eat a second pc. EVERYONE including my in-laws!!! NO one wins....I am so distressed and yet there is still more cake....I BEG everyone to just try a third pc. by now the cake is down to only a few inches and everyone thinks they may gag....
I finally get upset and close up the box (only to see taped to the lid...the package of 2 babies that I was supposed to put into the cake!) LOLOLOLOL - My kids and family may NEVER let me live it down but it is one of my favorite all time "oops..mommy loves you" stories :) lol

Rachael Wednesday, March 09, 2011  

Jess, you always do such neat things with your girls (and Matt) :-)

Corey~living and loving Thursday, March 10, 2011  

oooooooooo what fun for you and your family. I really believe it isn't a good time until someone loses an eye. LOL

Buckeroomama Thursday, March 10, 2011  

Oh, this is such a fun tradition that you got going! I love the masks you all made... and I love little Ruby in her princess outfit. :) You have a beautiful family!

Natalie Jane Thursday, February 02, 2012  

So cute!!! I love traditions like this!

thanks for linking up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons