Red feet = red hearts

>> Friday, February 11, 2011

While Ruby was napping I was surfing around and saw a fun project that Ruthanne did when they were snowed in. We aren't snowed in here in NC but it too cold for the baby to be out too long so we have been trying to find things to do indoors. It is a bummer. This banner was fun for them because they got to paint and it was fun for me because now I feel that my home is properly decorated for the upcoming holiday.



The footprints are supposed to be hearts but it seems that the older 2 have high arches. Can a 4 & 5 year old have high arches? Thankfully my flat footed Ruby's feet sort of resembles what it is supposed to be so you get the idea. Piper was such a help in this project. We started out just making her Valentine's that she needs to address for Monday and she ended up cutting and glueing the banner. What 5 year old doesn't love to cut and glue? We also got her card for daddy done today but I can't post a pic of that because hubs actually reads the old family blog.



It was a nice afternoon spent with my oldest. I still miss the heck out of her when she is in school. Darn full day kindergarten.

11 comments:

Ruthanne Friday, February 11, 2011  

What a fun idea to use feet! I love it. :D

Joey Lynn Resciniti Friday, February 11, 2011  

That's precious! We have some hand hearts, but I never thought of using feet!

Liz Mays Friday, February 11, 2011  

I really like how that came out. You ought to pull that out year after year!

Corey~living and loving Friday, February 11, 2011  

awwww...what a cute idea. and yes...that black and white is stunning.

Kelly Friday, February 11, 2011  

That banner/footprint hearts is a great ides. Totally cute!!

Andrea Friday, February 11, 2011  

That's such a cute idea...and fun! :) Can't wait to see what kind of special card you came up with for Daddy. :)

Michelle @Flying Giggles Friday, February 11, 2011  

That is adorable and your shot is beautiful!

My husband reads my blog too! I have to watch what I say...lol.

Together We Save Friday, February 11, 2011  

Using the feet is a great idea!! How cute!

Kimberly Saturday, February 12, 2011  

Cute, cute, cute! And I love the dof in your second photo. Sigh... :)

Buckeroomama Sunday, February 13, 2011  

Oh, Jessie, she looks so beautiful!!

I love the idea of using feet to make the hearts. :)

georgia b. Thursday, February 17, 2011  

so love that flag banner!

i'm getting ready to make a cloth banner like that for the baby's room! i can't wait to get started.

your oldest is so beautiful... in every photo you post. what a treasure she will have in these photos you've been taking when she is older.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons