Love

>> Tuesday, February 8, 2011

How do you celebrate Valentine's Day? We will be working on projects this whole week. Lots of red and pink. The girlie girl in me loves it. We are showing our love this week by making all of our friends their Valentines. Piper has to write out all of her Valentines for each of her classmates. Thankfully her Kindergarten only has 17 kids in it. Violet will sign her name but I am not pushing her yet to write each child's name too.

Violetta


We haven't even started on Daddy's Valentine yet. Mama's got to get going. Normally we do something pretty special for him. Tick. Tick. Tick.

What do you think? Is Valentine's Day an overrated holiday? I personally love it and always have. The other fake days during the year not so much. I spent years saying that I thought it was just the flower/candy/card companies way of selling more of their merchandise but truth be told I love love and I love Valentine's Day.

5 comments:

Tara Tuesday, February 08, 2011  

I love Valentine's Day...it can be celebrated without too much "bought" items. A celebration of love..what is not to like!

Love that photo!!

Joey Lynn Resciniti Tuesday, February 08, 2011  

I'm thinking work lights for Tim's garage. That's romance, right?

Buckeroomama Tuesday, February 08, 2011  

I agree with Ashley --she is gorgeous! As are your other two girls. :)

Z calls Valentine's Day "Love Day" and she loves making Love Day cards for everybody! Ever since she has learned to write "I love you" by herself and draw a heart, she's been giving us her Love Day cards whenever she feels liek it (which is, every day!). =)

Megan Tuesday, February 08, 2011  

growing up, the valentine fairy would ring the doorbell and mysteriously leave little gifts on the porch. good memories:).

Michelle @Flying Giggles Wednesday, February 09, 2011  

I love Valentine's Day, but more so since I had children. It is so much fun doing all the Valentine's Day activities with the girls. Aiyana also signs her name to her cards and I really need to get on that!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons