Did I really just run that?

>> Saturday, January 2, 2010

Back in October I posted about starting to take the girls for walks in the mornings. It was nice and we have a lot of fun seeing all the neat things that our area has to offer (vultures, hawks, horses, goats, hens, and donkeys top the list). I would walk on my own Sundays when Matt was home and started to sort of jog part of my route. With Matt being home for the time being I am able to get out on my own a little more often and jog a little farther each time. I decided to make myself a goal so I emailed a friend of mine that runs with her family and told her that I thought I might like to try a 5k around the 1st of the year. Ha, she quickly emailed me back about a race that was just a week away - ack! I agreed but unfortunately it was postponed b/c of the "blizzard" we had that weekend. Well, now it was going to be after the 1st of the year just like I had hoped. I had all these grand ideas I would "train" for this, before this morning the last time I actually did anything was before Christmas lol :) This morning as I was getting ready I was thinking of every excuse that might work to get me out of running. Besides a head cold and never sleeping b/c of the all night breastaurant that I manage I didn't have any good excuse. Off we went. I love that Matt brought the girls. They watched a movie b/c it was like 29 degrees out but there they were at the finish line when I came through. Thank you for that Matt. Anywho, 1st race and I finished 84th out of 117 runners with a time of 31 minutes 35 seconds AND I won a Lancaster's BBQ gift card as a door prize. Money went to a local fire department so woo hoo - everyone wins today!



5 comments:

Mrs. Stam Saturday, January 02, 2010  

good job mama way to go!

Rachael Saturday, January 02, 2010  

Congratulations! You should be very proud!

Kimberly Sunday, January 03, 2010  

YOU GO GIRL!!! Woohoo! I'm so excited for you. What an accomplishment. And then you won a door prize on top of that? Talk about a win/win!

Oh, and breastaurant? ROFL! That's the funniest thing I have EVER heard!!!

Jamie Felts Sunday, January 03, 2010  

Congratulations!! How wonderful & inspiring!!

michele Friday, January 08, 2010  

that great's jessie! good for you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons