I made it myself!

>> Sunday, January 10, 2010

I had an Easy Bake Oven when I was a little girl and thought it was the best toy ever. If you had one though you probably quit using it b/c the mixes were so darned expensive and mom/dad (Grandma in my case) didn't see that ahead of time but once they did said "heck no are we going to spend a ton on those". Well, thank you internet b/c before I actually bought the oven I found websites that have little recipes on them so we do not have to fork over the $8 or so for a few cakes. Violet didn't really get how cool the toy was when we gave it to her. She didn't know what it was and had never seen one in real life but I knew when I saw it that it would be a hit. You want to know another thing about the oven that is a bummer? Trying to find 100 watt REGULAR bulbs to "cook" the food. Bulbs are so green now 100 watts are rare. Good for the earth but bad for the Easy Bake Oven owners. We found them at Lowe's (thanks to a hint from another blog) but had to buy a case! I don't EVER seeing us needing to buy them again lol :)

Saturday was the first day that we got it out and played. I was making dinner so Matt helped the girls with mixing, spraying, and finally baking. They had so.much.fun (I knew it).





and finally the pièce de résistance!



how fun was that?



I'd say success!

1 comments:

Kimberly Monday, January 11, 2010  

Aww, I want one! ;) I always wondered if they really worked. Looks like they do. Delicious!

Oh, and that last photo? Adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons