Some days it's really hard to get out of our door

>> Thursday, January 21, 2010

This morning started out as one of those days. Piper asked for breakfast so I gave her what she has been requesting lately, Honey Nut Cheerios. When she got to the table in the most whiney of voices she could muster she told me that she wanted "miinnii whheatss". This may seem like an easy fix - come on Jessie just give her the mini wheats. Back story is that she has been doing this a lot lately. She picked the wrong morning to whine - so she was sent to her room for back talking.

A few minutes later...

Last week I went to Target and they had a bunch of their Christmas toys marked to 75% off. This is when I like to stock up our gift closet for some of the parties we attend during the year. I don't get junky toys but hey, a $25 Barbie set for $6 I am all over that and the kids don't know the difference. Most mama's know not to return a gift from me lol :) Last week there were the Barbie computers but they were still only marked 50% so I thought since it is a rainy day the girls and I would head there and see if they were marked down further. We are dressed and heading out the door when Violet starts whining that she doesn't want her fuzzy crocs she wants to wear her princess shoes but doesn't know where they are. At that same moment Ruby started fussing in my arms. Trip to Target - CANCELED!

So I came back upstairs and thought about what a friend of mine said to me "Kids don't really want to go to Target, the mama wants to go and we drag them along". I sat down, had a cup of coffee, and then apologized to both girls for losing my patience today with them.

What did they want to do? I asked them and they wanted to read books, so we read books. Then I asked them if they would let me take their picture. You know they said yes. Give and take - my message to myself today.

No post from me is complete w/o at least 1 kid's picture, today there are 3 :) The result of our pictures taken with their faces 2" from the slider b/c it is rainy and dark here.




3 comments:

Kimberly Thursday, January 21, 2010  

I never noticed how similar Violet and Ruby look until seeing these photos. Beauties, all three. And good mama for cancelling the trip and staying home to read to the kiddos. Maybe a Target trip is in your future for tomorrow instead. :)

Anonymous Friday, January 22, 2010  

Too bad that mama didn't take her own advice:)

Anyhoo, you should really turn your hobby into a business....your pictures are so much better than
any of the "professionals" around here.....

And think of all the money you would have for sushi!!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph Friday, January 22, 2010  

Stunning.

Steph

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons