What kind of person would drive off?

>> Saturday, March 6, 2010

That is what I am sitting here wondering tonight. Matt took Violet & Piper to Chick-fil-A for a Daddy/Daughter date night and that was what my blog post today was going to be about. It was fabulous but something else happened and I am sick about it so that is what I choose to write about tonight.

I only had 1 kid and an easy kid at that. Ruby rides comfortably on my back in our Beco carrier while mama shops. I didn't have to keep track of anyone! We went to the Dollar Tree - b/c seriously I love that store and then to Ross which is similar to TJ Maxx & Marshalls. I got a call from hubs saying they were wrapping up so Ruby and I headed home too. I was driving along and saw the car quite a ways in front of me brake and then drive off. I saw what looked like a bag or box sort of roll but as I got closer realized it was a dog. I immediately stopped next to it and searched frantically for my hazard light button. I couldn't find it! All I kept thinking was "Where the hell is this thing, I have had this van for over 3 years how the heck don't I know where it is?" So I called Matt :) He said he was just leaving and said he was on his way to where I was. When I looked back up the dog was gone and a car was honking at me so I drove and turned around. I saw another car driving slowly with their window open and I rolled mine down to ask if he saw the dog that got hit too? His face changed when I said that b/c he said it was his dog. I told him my husband was on his way to help us and to turn around b/c the dog was farther back down the street. I found my hazards (thanks honey) and started walking the area looking for the dog. Matt got there and helped us. After a little while the guy found the dog which I don't think he would have so quickly had I not seen it happen and brought him to the emergency vet. I hope that dog is ok. Now, what I can't seem to forget is how absolutely heartless the person that drove away was. Matt thought we would be making the trip to the emergency vet ourselves and be the proud owners of a gimped doggie but I am glad the owner figured out that his dog took off so quickly. Still, we were only there for maybe 15 minutes. What was that car that hit that dog thinking? No one would have blamed them b/c the dog took off into a busy street. Why didn't they stop? It will be a question on my mind for some time I think.

6 comments:

Michelle @Flying Giggles Saturday, March 06, 2010  

I cannot believe that someone would just drive off. I would feel terrible if I hit a car or dog and definitely stop to try and help out.

You are a wonderful person for stopping to help out!

Kimberly Monday, March 08, 2010  

You know, that's a good question. And unfortunately one you'll probably never know the answer to. Hopefully by you stopping and being able to notify the owner, he will have got the dog to the vet on time. Poor thing. :(

Michelle Monday, March 08, 2010  

Oh, that is just horrible and I don't understand why someone wouldn't have stopped. Even if they didn't realize it was a dog, they should have checked to see what they hit! Geeze. You and hubby will get karma points for sure. :)

Claremont First Ward Monday, March 08, 2010  

How terrible. I've seen a few hit and runs with dogs. So, so sad. Hope the dog is ok.

Joey Lynn Resciniti Wednesday, March 10, 2010  

Hopefully they didn't know they hit anything. Some people are oblivious. That's great you stopped to help, I'm sure the dogs "parents" appreciate it.

Sarah G {austinbygeorge} Thursday, March 11, 2010  

Oh my gosh..that totally breaks my heart.
You're the Dog Saver!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons