Team Up Thursday - Relax

>> Thursday, March 11, 2010

Angie and I again went with the host's them this week of Relax. I smiled when I first saw Angie's shot b/c it screams relaxing. I remember those days :) It is peaceful and calm. Love it! I have 3 girls under 4 running around so my house is far from calm. Ruby woke up crabby yesterday and I finally got her down for a nap. Violet is a bookworm so while I was putting Ruby down she picked up her books. She is relaxing and to me that is 20 minutes I can sit on the couch, have a cup of coffee, and chill until I have to be on again. I took 5 minutes of pictures of her and had 15 minutes to do just that. A dreary day made the shot moody to me but I liked it.



I spent Tuesday taking pictures while enjoying my girls out on the deck but when I went back and looked at the shots I remembered that Ruby would walk over and pick up a leaf so I would have to get up and get it from her so she wouldn't eat it. So my afternoon was sit, laugh at the older girls, "No Ruby!", get up and get Ruby, repeat... Not relaxing for me. If you want to see the reject it is on my 365 Blog.

More Team Up Thursdays @ Mental Inventory.

14 comments:

Shelly at Aperture of My Eye Thursday, March 11, 2010  

Both of these shots look very relaxing. It's always nice to sit back and relax with a good book. And that bath...Calgon take me away! I know what you mean about not having time to relax. I feel like there's not enough time in a day to get anything done!

HipMomma Thursday, March 11, 2010  

A perfect relaxing diptych. I just love the shots of my girls with their feet up! My oldest has gotten so big that her feet aren't "cute" anymore, they are just big girl feet. So having those shots of them is such a great thing. And boy does she look relaxed reading one of the best books ever. Nice job, team.

Angela Friend Thursday, March 11, 2010  

This week turned out so cute! I just love little feet! I am with Hiomomma, my girls are too old to take pictures of their feet! I also loved your "rejected" Shot on your 365 blog! I couldn't post my refected shot..I was actually in the tub...didn't quite get the boobs fully covered with bubbles! Oops! Have a great day!

Mrs. Stam Thursday, March 11, 2010  

What a gorgeous picture you took mama! love those little feet!!!!

Megan Thursday, March 11, 2010  

i love those little toes and the book. i'm a sucker for shots of kids and their books, and this one is no exception. hope you find a few moments of "relaxing" today as well :).

stephanie Thursday, March 11, 2010  

Wow...these photos are indeed, relaxing! I am in love with the light in both of them.

Killlashandra Thursday, March 11, 2010  

I love the bare feet kicked back with a book. :) I still think it goes nicely with the idea of reading and luxuriating in the bath. Both things I don't think I've done in years. Between the 4 year old and the 9 month old there's not much relaxing in my house either. ;)

Rebecca Thursday, March 11, 2010  

Both shots look like mom and child's way of relaxing side by side. Your shot is precious! I have 3 year old and she just discovered Fancy Nancy couple months ago and loves her books. Great capture, so cute!

Sarah G {austinbygeorge} Thursday, March 11, 2010  

Oh I just love the shots and I'm laughing because I have two girls and a little puppy named Ruby, so I TOTALLY understand all the running around !!

Love how you got a little Fancy Nancy in there too!

Kimberly Thursday, March 11, 2010  

If you combine the activities in the two photos you get my perfect idea of relaxation. A hot tub and a good book. :)

A Thursday, March 11, 2010  

Love the shot of V's toes and the book. Soooo cute!

Unknown Thursday, March 11, 2010  

a coffee and five minutes - that is about relaxation around here, too. but that shot with book and toes...love it. nice job this week, gals!

Arizaphale Friday, March 12, 2010  

This duo is an echo of M&M's isn't it. One person immersed in their passion and the other a peaceful environment...nice work.

Melissa G Monday, March 15, 2010  

I just love this shot of her reading with her feet up. So sweet and relaxed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons