The 2009 Whirlwind Summer Tour of the Midwest

>> Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My husband tells me that I can do nothing easy - maybe. What started as the girls and I heading up to visit with the cousins in Ohio turned into a trip traveling 2050 miles, across 9 states (NC, VA, WV, OH, IN, IL, WI, KY, & TN), making 4 stops, in 17 days. Needless to say we are a bit tired as I type this :) The girls did fabulous though and we got a rare chance to see family and friends that we rarely get to see living so far away. For instance I got to see a cousin that I haven't seen since her wedding almost 16 YEARS ago and meet her beautiful 3 children :) Ruby was the easiest traveler of the bunch since she would literally fall asleep in anyone's arms who was holding her but the older girls got crabby skipping naps and not sleeping long enough at night. Piper developed a cold which Violet in turn caught and then to my surprise my poor babe got the same thing. I literally left the house we were staying at Wednesday morning at 4:30 am to get home to be told by our doctor it was just a cold. If you would have heard her breathe though you might have freaked as much as I did. FYI, I don't bring the girls to the doctor often, friends generally tell me "Maybe you should take *insert name here* to the doctor b/c that doesn't sound good". I guess it was how I was raised *shrugging shoulders* :)

Pictures to follow when I recover :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons