Pretty Ballerina

>> Tuesday, August 18, 2009

How cool is the internet? It is hard to imagine that there was a time that it wasn't here. What did we do when we couldn't look something up and in seconds get back thousands of links to whatever we need? Sure we read about things, talked to people more, and hand wrote cards but that isn't what I am referring to. There are so many talented people out there that I would never have crossed paths with had it not been for the www. So thank you internet founders - I <3 you :)

Ok, yesterday I decided to try and make the girls a little holder for their hairbows to keep them all in one place. In my head what came to mind was a little piece of wood painted with a long ribbon glued on that would hang in their room. What I found were so many ideas on different holders that I had to actually choose which cool one I wanted to make. Of course living with 2 little prima ballerinas the choice sort of made itself. This mama on eHow gave a tutorial which I followed - so darned easy! I worked on it during naps yesterday and then after the girls went to bed so it was a surprise for them this morning, which by the way they LOVE IT! As I said in yesterday's post all of the things that I needed to make this were in the tarp room. Most of it was scraps from other projects that I just couldn't get rid of and yesterday they found their calling :) The only thing that I might do differently if I were to make one of these as a gift would be to add more tulle to make it fuller but I don't think it looks bad this way at all. Now that it is done though I can't get this ABBA song out of my head (Nina, Pretty Ballerina), I am going to be singing it all day long I just know it.



and in its home - the mirror in the picture is on Matt's "to do" list but it is a new addition :)



The only problem with me getting crafty is that I immediately want to do something else but today the house must get cleaned so my glue gun will be put away until further notice :)

1 comments:

Andrea Tuesday, August 18, 2009  

What a fun idea!! I looove it! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons