Ruby is 5 months old!

>> Monday, August 24, 2009

Yesterday morning I woke up after nursing Ruby the night before every 1.5-2 hours trying to figure out what was wrong with her. My head was still groggy and I couldn't think of much b/c she had been fine the day prior. Our little one was cooing happily next to us though, it seems the night before was only hard on 1 of us :) It came to me that it might be a growth spurt and that she was just about 5 months old. I got up and after a near panic attack at the thought of no coffee then relief at finding some I headed to my computer to see if an odd month like 5 was even a growth spurt. Nope - unless she is advanced, which...well I am a proud mama :) What is Ruby up to at 5 months old? The last time we went to the doctor (emergency visit on our way home from IN) she weighed 17 lbs 14 oz and I got home a few weeks ago so she is probably over 18 lbs now. She rolls both ways and has started to sort of slither to get places. I honestly would have thought that the army crawl would have started last week the way her arms and legs move but she doesn't quite have them moving at the same time :) No teeth yet, both of my other girls had both bottom teeth by now - I know, I know every kid is different :) Obviously from this post she is no longer any where near sleeping through the night! All of her hair fell out (or was rubbed off) from rolling around so what she is left with is a bunch of hair that could look like a mohawk :) Neither Piper nor Violet ever had hair so that is different for me too. It takes a lot of will power not to cut it off :) Here is our big girl - looks like we just rolled out of bed!



Oh I am not sure if I posted about these fingers before but Ruby has found them and taken quite a liking to them :) No paci for this one she has a built in nuk unfortunately.

2 comments:

Anonymous Monday, August 24, 2009  

Amazing how much she has changed since July! Great pictures of her (as always)

Rachael

Andrea Tuesday, August 25, 2009  

Awww...she's super cute - like always! And she sucks her 2 fingers...not her thumb? :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons