Wordful Wednesday - Hello Mr. Cow

>> Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I used to be such a meat and potatoes girl. I love steak but the rest of the cow I could probably do without nowadays. Well, except for Burnin Love Burgers (Red Robin) I inhale those! Since I haven't been able to replicate them at the zoo though I dish out the almost $10 for a burger once in awhile. Give me chicken and fish and I am a happy mama. The rest of my family loves beef. When I make meals with various cuts of beef they get devoured. I believe this comes from their father :) When the hubs came to me about buying a 1/2 of a cow I thought why not. They love it and I am here to serve them *ha right*. Our 1/2 arrived and almost filled up our chest freezer. I am going to have to get really creative because chicken is on sale this week at the market. If you have ever bought a portion of a cow you know you get a lot of hamburger so I made Cream Cheese Jalapeno Hamburgers. They were good. Jalapenos were from our garden as well as the tomatoes and peppers. This is my husbands idea of a salad :)

meat meal


It has lettuce right? Well after eating beef 4 days last week I am done. I am craving anything but red right now. It is my plan to cook all that grass fed beef when Matt is home and not a pound of it when he is not. I am still glad we got it because it is much better than what you can buy in the store and we know who raised it. Winter will be great with chili, roasts, and stews. Tonight though I am grilling out. Chicken anyone?
Live and Love...Out Loud

2 comments:

Tara Wednesday, August 03, 2011  

wow, i want that. Looks so yummy...do you have the recipe?

Natalie A. Thursday, August 04, 2011  

The picture looks yummy! I bet you are getting sick of beef, but that's nice you have so much for the wintertime for yummy winter meals! Chicken does sound good...right about now! Have a wonderful day! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons