Our 1st Grader

>> Thursday, August 25, 2011

I told her that she would have to go to bed when it was still light out because school starts here so early. "Ok" she replied. I told her that she would have to stay in bed all night because Thursday was going to be a very long day. "I know," she said "I can't wait!" Then my heart broke.

1st day of 1st grade!
My girl is ready to take on the world. Or at least 1st grade.

1st day of 1st grade!

All she had to say was she didn't want to go and I wouldn't have sent her. I would have fumbled my way until I figured out how to teach her here at home. But she didn't say that. What did she say? "I love you mama, see you tonight!"

1st day of 1st grade!

And my heart broke again.

1st day of 1st grade!

6 comments:

Marcelle Thursday, August 25, 2011  

Ahhhhhhhhh I remember when my kids were little ( they parents now two of them ) and they had their first day at big school...in my country we called it Sub A...now its Grade 1 ~ time flies once they start school...enjoy and she looks so precious.

I have to tell you I got such a shock when I saw your name on my blog with your lovely comment...I didn't know you knew I had that blog...thank you so much for uplifting comment.

Buckeroomama Friday, August 26, 2011  

Aww, just look at her! I love her get-up --from her floral top to her leggings to those pretty, pretty shoes to her gigantic pink backpack.

1st grade today, the world tomorrow. :)

Corey~living and loving Saturday, August 27, 2011  

oh man....I'm so going to be in those shoes (which are cute by the way) this Wednesday. eekkk...first grade here Sugar comes, too.

Natalie A. Sunday, August 28, 2011  

Cute, cute, cute! I hope she had a great time back to school and I hope you are coping well with it!

Joey Lynn Resciniti Monday, August 29, 2011  

Those three are just gorgeous! Julia started first grade today. Everything went well but she picked up on the homeschooling option somehow. She does say that she'd rather stay home and have me teach her. It's tough to justify sending them off when there is another way to do it!

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom Friday, September 02, 2011  

I just love your photos!

It really is hard when they start first grade - it's the beginning of their school years and them growing up :( She looks totally ready to go though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons