WW - I want to remember

>> Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I was somehow blindsided that Piper was going to be in school. I knew it but when it came right down to her going I thought "Now, really. It's too soon." I am paying special attention these days to moments and funny things they do. How Piper and Violet still wear their headbands "Flashdance" style. How when I am able to finally get Ruby to sleep the older girls and I enjoy picnics in the living room. How they will still climb on my lap for hugs & kisses. I have blinked and my oldest went from a babe to Kindergartner. My middle is going to start preschool. How my heart is breaking watching these firsts and I can't imagine it will get any easier from here on out. These are the times I wish I were better at scrapbooking or even buying my youngest a baby book.



There is a special closeness that my girls and I have. I know that it isn't going to always be this way but oh how I wish it were. Matt says they are my army - have I mentioned that before? We have a chant "1-2-3 Lucas Girls!" Watching them do it makes me smile every time :)

More Wordless Wednesday at 5 Minutes for Mom and for the more chatty ones like myself there is Wordful Wednesday.


and also

9 comments:

Kimberly Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

So touching Jessie. I know exactly how you feel. Having them gone makes all the time you're together with them so much sweeter doesn't it?

Sugarplum Creations Blog Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

So precious. I felt the same way when my oldest was to start Kindergarten. It just snuck right up on me. I wasn't ready, she wasn't ready, so we homeschooled, and have never looked back ;)

*Stopped over from SCC, btw, and I love your blog :)

Stacy Uncorked Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Time flies by way too fast, doesn't it? Those moments are so precious - I keep forgetting not to blink! :)


WW: Future Driver

Joey Lynn Resciniti Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

You are very blessed! I think these school years will be different, but just as wonderful.

I say this after being bored out of my mind on day #1!

Liz Mays Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Your chant is the best; I love that!

Michelle @Flying Giggles Wednesday, September 01, 2010  

Yes, the days pass too quickly. You are blessed to have such beautiful girls, continue enjoying every moment with them!

Shawn Thursday, September 02, 2010  

Hi I'm your new follower you from weds blog hop. You can find me at http://laughingmonkeystick.blogspot.com/
Thanks
Mr. Monkey

Kelly Thursday, September 02, 2010  

You know I used to wish I scrapbooked until I realized I could print my blog. Now I print it out each year (the posts relevant to my family) and it IS a scrapbook. It's where I hold all my memories of firsts etc and now the girls can have the books when they're older. I just printed 2009 the other day and there were things in it that I already had forgotten.

Chrissy Thursday, September 02, 2010  

And you will remember. I see myself doing the same. Smelling their hair after bath and wanting to smell that smell forever. I did that when Gracie was 2 weeks old. We are so lucky to see them grow each day. And when their wings spread to fly, we know we did our best. And that's what we ask of them each day. I agree with Kimberly... I appreciate our moments together SO much more..we've been known to all do our huddle and scream "GO GSTELL!" lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons