WW - The Hunt

>> Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Aunt Bebe loved to go thrifting. I went along with her at an early age. She loved the hunt and in turn taught me to love it as well. When Matt and I first met we used to go to antique shows and swap meets. Fun times. My kids are still a little too young for that yet but what they aren't too young for is thrift stores. There is always something to find at a thrift store right? Violet now asks me if we can go to the Goodwill or Value Village. My girls love those stores as much as I do. It makes me so happy. I had some errands to run and asked her if she wanted to stop by Goodwill on our way home. Well certainly she did. So I packed up my car with 2 boxes that I had to donate and off we went. It is like a vicious circle, I buy and then I purge lol :)

What goodies did we come home with? Well I found a beautiful "much to fancy to wear to school but since it was $2 she can" dress for our Violet. A swim cover up for me - while you are reading this I am probably wearing it b/c we are AT THE BEACH! Finally the the pièce de résistance - the owl necklace.



While we were in the parking lot Violet found a dime. She decided she wanted to buy something with her money. I know a dime doesn't buy much these days but I agreed to let her look at the costume jewelry. She found this piece with no price tag and they gave it to us for $.50. I thought that was a little high but she loves it. I know I am not really teaching her the value of money b/c I had to give her $.40 to cover it but she is 3. There is a lifetime to learn you can't afford anything. That is why you shop at the thrift store - treasures to be found!

More Wordless Wednesday at 5 Minutes for Mom and for the more chatty ones like myself there is Wordful Wednesday.


and also

d

4 comments:

Mrs. Stam Wednesday, September 15, 2010  

cute! and love the pictures, you did a great job on it!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph Thursday, September 16, 2010  

I LOVE thrift shopping- and how beautiful!

Steph

Kimberly Friday, September 17, 2010  

You girls are after my own heart, because I looove thrifting. You just never know what you're going to find. :) And I so agree with that last statement. I'd have given her the extra money too. :)

Hope you're enjoying your getaway!

Chrissy Sunday, September 19, 2010  

I want to scavenger with these girls. They've got their eye on the prize. Love the owl necklace, Violet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons