Piper's 1st Day of Kindergarten

>> Friday, August 27, 2010

It was tough I won't lie. She cried Wednesday night - hard. In turn I cried after she went to bed - hard. I blame it on being tired and nervous, both of us. Thursday morning she woke right up as excited as she could be. We decided to have Matt bring her to help her carry all of the school supplies in. I chose not to go b/c it would not have been good for either of us. Her and I chatted during breakfast about how great her day would be and then I gave her another little pep talk before she got in the truck. I couldn't hold my tears back any longer as I saw her drive away. My baby is growing up.



Matt called me to tell me that she barely looked back. Piper knew her teacher beforehand b/c she did Piper's testing this summer. That totally made her feel comfortable.



While he was talking with her teacher she ran in the classroom and started playing. He had to go in to say goodbye to her b/c she wasn't paying attention to him anymore.



The girls and I picked her up today and the first thing she said when she was in the car was "Mama, it was FUN!" and the second thing was "Please don't freeze my Capri Sun again b/c it was still hard at lunch". I had heard to freeze them and then use them as an ice pack but I guess 4+ hours isn't enough to thaw - lesson learned. She continued to chat about all the fun that she had on our ride home. I did get a recorded call & email telling me that her school was on lockdown for 16 minutes due to a domestic disturbance. That made me sort of ill b/c I had no idea and it was 4 hours later when I was being notified. Sure it wasn't a really big deal but it was to me.Tuesday is her first day with the whole class and she will start riding the bus as well. Today wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be but that could be b/c I still had Violet and Ruby to play with. In a few weeks Violet will go off to preschool for the first time. What a quiet house I will have. Maybe it will get cleaned lol :)

Good luck to all the other first time mamas and kiddos this year and I hope that all the pros that have been in school before have a great year!

13 comments:

Staci A Friday, August 27, 2010  

So glad to hear that her day went well!

Jen Friday, August 27, 2010  

The first day is the hardest. It will be smooth sailing from here on out. I am so glad everything went well.

Rachael Friday, August 27, 2010  

Congratulations to you and Piper on surviving her first day of Kindergarten!

Mamí♥Picture Friday, August 27, 2010  

Awww she is so cute!
Glad everything went well!

Mrs. Stam Friday, August 27, 2010  

wow she looks so grown up!!!!

Karli K. Friday, August 27, 2010  

what a cutie! Great "First Day" pictures, too! :D Congrats, you did well!

Kelly Friday, August 27, 2010  

She will be great! Lyndsy starts on Monday and she is getting excited. I'm getting mixed emotions. Congrats on a great first day!

Joey Lynn Resciniti Friday, August 27, 2010  

Lockdown???? Oh my!

I'm so glad she loved it! I know Julia will love it, but I can't help feeling so anxious. I'm just looking forward to the first day being OVER!

They grow up too fast!

Buckeroomama Saturday, August 28, 2010  

The first day is always the hardest on both the child and the parent/s. Glad that she enjoyed her second day... She'll be fine! :)

Z starts kindergarten next Wed and that's when I will feel the quiet --when both J and Z are off in school. Kinda excited yet sad about it. :)

Michelle @Flying Giggles Saturday, August 28, 2010  

What a relief that she had fun! I think it is usually harder on us mamas

Carrie Saturday, August 28, 2010  

I'm a new follower.

Fun follow friday

Kimberly Monday, August 30, 2010  

I so wanted to do what you did and have Shane take Bryce the first day. I'm glad that Piper did well after her initial worry. And let me tell you, my house is much, much cleaner now. I find myself still trying to figure out a new schedule (two weeks in) and so things are getting cleaned while Raya runs circles around me. :)

Liz Mays Monday, August 30, 2010  

That made me sad and happy and I even laughed at the Capri Sun comment! (I've heard that before too!)

I'm so glad the first day went well, but oh boy, can I relate to how you felt.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons