Crafty Tuesday - Peace ♥ Love ♥ Dye

>> Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The little girl that I babysit for brought over a tie dye kit last week and asked if we could do it. My first thought was "What?", second would have been "I will be cleaning up that dye for days", third was "Jessie, embrace your inner hippie and go for it!". So that is exactly what I did and although I only used 1 color to try out how the kids would do it went surprisingly well. I would do it again (I am a true glutton for punishment). There were a few examples of different ways to do the dying on the back of the package. I thought for sure they would pick a starburst or swirl but no they chose to just crumble the shirt and put the dye on that way. Maybe that is why I thought it went so well b/c they chose the easiest one to do :)






The shirts had to sit the rest of the day and then I had to wash them. My girls asked "Are they done yet" like 10 times. The next morning I showed them their handiwork and both Piper and Violet decided that this was something that they wanted to do again. You can never have too much tie dye can you?



The girls almost got lost in our grass it is so tall :)

7 comments:

Mama.Mommy.Mom. Tuesday, August 10, 2010  

Cute! Not sure that's something I'm willing to attempt with Addison. And, for the record, your grass has nothing on my back yard. lol

Emily Tuesday, August 10, 2010  

Jessie those kits are so easy to use. love the finished product!

Michelle @Flying Giggles Wednesday, August 11, 2010  

That looks like a lot of fun! I think Aiyana might enjoy that. Your girls are the perfect little models!

Melissa Wednesday, August 11, 2010  

These are super cute. I was thinking of doing some tie-dye with my almost 4 year old, and this squirt bottle method looks like it wouldn't be as messy.

Staci A Wednesday, August 11, 2010  

The shirts turned out so cute! We took a chance and did similar tees at my son's party this weekend. 8 little kids with paint made me so nervous, but they loved it too!

Joey Lynn Resciniti Thursday, August 12, 2010  

Those turned out so well! You are a brave mama. Anything that requires gloves is super scary!

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect Thursday, August 12, 2010  

How fun! I loved doing tie dye as a kid!! (But you ARE brave to deal with the potential mess!) :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons