Hmmm Coffee

>> Friday, June 4, 2010

I am an addict and have been forever. There are mornings when I am that person who would prefer not to talk until I had a cup of coffee in me. Being of a mama of 3 girls that just doesn't happen in my life. Yesterday was a huge day here at the zoo. I used a giftcard and spent more than $10 on a coffee machine. My friend shared her love for the Cuisinart 12 cup coffee maker so I sucked it up and headed to Williams Sonoma to buy one. The lady who greeted us at the door asked what I was looking for and when I said a coffee pot just about pulled us to the back of the store to show us the latest and greatest that just came in. It came with a $279.00 price tag. Now I love my coffee but come on - for that it better pour the cup and wash it :) I told her exactly what I was looking for and she told me that it was a "low end" coffee pot that would only last me 1-1.5 years. Not loving their sales tactics at this point I told her that my previous coffee pot from Walmart lasted almost 10 years. She realized I was not that woman who was going to drop a bundle and probably that if she kept slamming the coffee pot I was interested in would lose my sale entirely so miraculously she then started to love it a little more. I am now the proud owner of the most expensive coffee pot I have ever owned. It looks so slick in our kitchen. Love it!



As a coffee drinker you would think that I would try all the different sorts of coffee drinks out there but I don't. I drink coffee black. Every once and again I might get a skinny mocha from a coffee shop but spending the $4 on that KILLS me! Yes, I am cheap like that. Well, the other day I met another mama at a new park near our home and she hands me an iced coffee. Up until then I have steered clear of them b/c the sound of cold coffee didn't appeal to me. Why did she have to buy me that coffee? Why does Dunkin Donuts have them on sale right now for $.99? Thankfully this sale can't last forever b/c I could go broke with these. Another friend mentioned how much fat was probably in them - you know I never thought about that. See, plain black coffee is the way to go!

4 comments:

Killlashandra Friday, June 04, 2010  

Ok, so you need to post a picture of the most expensive coffee pot known to man. ;) Mine came from Walmart. LOL

Jessie Friday, June 04, 2010  

LOL. I got a really cheap one in comparison. Here is the expensive one and mine is the 12 cup cheapie. At $50 though I wouldn't call it cheap and it is about 4x more than any other one I have ever bought :)

Staci A Sunday, June 06, 2010  

I'm definitely a coffee addict too! I can't imagine paying almost $300 for a coffee maker though. That's crazy!

Candy Howard Monday, June 07, 2010  

I make my own cold or frozen coffees at home with the Magic Bullet. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Another Walmart purchase...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons