Don't blink.

>> Friday, June 25, 2010

Unless you want to be heartbroken that your baby is suddenly a little girl. As much as I want to just hold her back and keep her a baby that is not what I am supposed to do. I am supposed to teach her to spread her wings and become the beautiful person that I know she will be. It is so hard though.

Piper came home from school a few months ago with a wild idea to get her ears pierced. Up until then I was adamant about making her wait until she was 8 b/c that was what I had to do. Then I started to realize just why I had to wait. My Great Grandmother, bless her heart, just didn't feel like dealing with it. I believe this b/c that thought crossed my mind as well. We went to Claire's a few times over the past few months and Piper has seen 2 little girls get their ears pierced and both of them cried like crazy but she still wanted to get her ears done. So when we walked into Claire's up in Ohio and there were 2 people working and her cousins were there for support she said "Let's do it!".

She wanted me to hold her hand while we were getting them done. Afterwards there were a few tears but only about 10 seconds worth.



I realized that I don't have a picture of how proud she is with her new earrings so I had to take a quickie today :)



It will be the first thing she shows you. She looks in the mirror much more often now. She reminds me that it is time for me to clean them and turn them. It's starting. Where did my baby go?

4 comments:

Mama.Mommy.Mom. Friday, June 25, 2010  

I felt the same way about Addison after she had her's pierced. She lost one of them sometime on Tuesday and we went to bu her a new pair Tuesday night. It was so heartbreaking (in a 'oh my baby is growing up' sort of way) to watch her pick out the pair she wanted. <3

Mrs. Stam Friday, June 25, 2010  

wow I love it! what a pretty little lady!

Kimberly Friday, June 25, 2010  

So good to see a post from you. That first photo is absolutely priceless Jessie! What a capture. I'm glad the pain only lasted 10 seconds. :) She looks beautiful (and quite grown up) in her after shot.

Anonymous Sunday, June 27, 2010  

I was searching for my GF's blog and came across your interesting one about with a great story about your dd, Piper, getting her ears pierced.

Our ped said it have become more popular to pierce newborns, infants and little girls
ears because is safer with the newer ear piercing instruments than the traditional methods of using a needle, thread by the mother or grandmother. I asked her advice and she encouraged me to go ahead and pierce all the girls ears. I was surprised at her response and told her I would think about it. Her reasoning was when mommy cared for them, there was never any problems during the healing time, but when little girls wanted them, they often failed to care for them properly.She gave me some suggestions for moms having their dd's ears pierced. I put them away and thought it would be years before I needed to read it. Wrong.

Well, our dd began seeing her peers with pierced ears, I also kept seeing babies and cute little girls with darling earrings. After our oldest, age 4 got hers done, my 2 yr old wanted to have "earwigs" like her sister. When I came home with Missy (our 2yr old), dh asked why I didn't have our 8 mo dd's ears pierced too! Well, guess what, we all went the next day and had Sandi's ears pierced too! All three girls now have pierced ears and are adorable. There was no problem caring for them.

Don't know if you'd considered having your younger girls ears pierced now, but after I did, they all were so proud of their earrings and looked adorable in their pics with little pierced ears.

I'd say if you've thought about it, then your mommy intuition is telling now is better. Write me an e-mail for our ped's tips.

Amy
amyswor@hotmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons