It was bound to happen sooner or later.

>> Thursday, October 15, 2009

Of course I would have preferred later. No I take that back I would have preferred never to have received the phone call at all but us zoo girls are a little on the clumsy side so I knew something like this was inevitable. I got a phone call from Piper's preschool teacher on Wednesday morning telling me that she fell and bumped her head. I cried was very close to tears. The teacher told me that Piper handled it like a trooper and only cried for a minute and she told me that she still wanted to stay and have lunch with her friends. Do you know how much willpower it took for me not to drive there immediately and bring Piper home with me? Do I sound crazy? Yes, I know I do. Matt was out of cell range so I sent him a text message and he called me immediately back asking (urging) me to let her stay there. See, he knows the real me :) So here it is. The first injury that I wasn't there to kiss when it happened. The proof that we can't keep our kiddos safe when they go into the big world. Breaks my heart that it is only the beginning.



and b/c she looked adorable in her little glow in the dark skully shirt with missing rhinestones :)

3 comments:

Kimberly Thursday, October 15, 2009  

Bless your heart! This mommy stuff is tough work. Your post reminds me of that saying, "Having children is like letting your heart walk around outside your body."

KarieK Thursday, October 15, 2009  

What a trooper. So cute and at the same time poor girl, that is quite the strawberry.

You are doing so good mama, don't ever doubt that or think twice. You are doing great! I am so glad and blessed to have met you through blogging. You are absolutely WONDERFUL!!

Andrea Thursday, October 15, 2009  

It's not just you!!! I would have the same reaction...I think it's just a mama thing...we want to protect and be there for our kids and keep them from all the bumps and bruises. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons