Are you on Facebook? Friend me!

>> Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I am torn on my feelings for Facebook. Now on one hand I love it b/c it has let me catch up with a ton of people that I really missed from my younger days but then on the other hand I get these crazy friend requests that I have no idea who the person is. I either have to dust off my yearbooks or email someone to figure out who they are. I enjoy going through their photos of the kids and to see what they look like b/c most of the time it has been 20 years since I last saw them. So today I found out I got "unfriended" by someone and was all "really?". I was on my sister's wall and looked at our friends in common and he didn't show up. See this person asked ME to be their friend back when I first joined last year and now he "unfriended" me. He was someone I hid b/c of all his gaming so I never actually knew I had been "unfriended" but why did he ask to be my friend if he was just going to delete me? Why did he ask at all b/c I never really knew him very well but how can you say no to someone that asks to be your friend, kwim? It isn't very often that I put myself out there and ask for friendships. What if they say no to me? What is wrong with me? Why don't they want to be my friend? See, it makes me nuts! I would love nothing else but to clean up my "friends" but I don't want to be that person that "unfriends" someone b/c then they might be sitting at their computer wondering what they did to deserve it :) Now, if you Facebook you will know the hide feature. I LOVE that! I guess that is how I "unfriend" people, I hide them b/c their posts/games/quizzes drive me crazy! As a matter of fact I just hid 2 more people this morning after I signed on. So I have all these "friends" and about 1/3 of them are hidden. I just don't get it at all, I need Facebook therapy, seriously :)

2 comments:

Kimberly Tuesday, October 20, 2009  

Hmm, I do FB a little, but I'm not crazy into it. You know, I wouldn't take the unfriending too seriously. I'd like to unfriend a few people because they're more casual aquaintances, and I don't really want just any Tom, Dick or Harry out there knowing every little thing I write. (Which is stupid seeing how I have a blog and all.) I think it's a little different when it's local friends particularly though. You know, someone who you might have known 20 years ago in school, and once wanted to catch up with, but at the same time not someone you particularly want to know that you found a great deal on underwear at Target. kwim? :) That's just my 2 cents.

Kelly Thursday, October 22, 2009  

I'm on facebook and you're welcome to friend me but I'd like to know how you hide someone. can you explain that to me?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons