Oh My Heart

>> Monday, July 26, 2010

Saturday I woke up with an odd feeling in my chest. It sort of hurt when I would breath in. I went on with my normal morning activities, took the girls to the store, Goodwill, and came home. It had been hurting for about 5 hours so what did I do? I looked online just to see what the symptoms were for a heart attack. Um yay, go right for the big one right? Lucky me I didn't have ANY of the other symptoms. At that moment. Suddenly I was changing Ruby's diaper and started to feel a little dizzy. "That is a symptom" I thought. Next came the back ache. "What!! Backache is ANOTHER symptom" What would any irrational person do? Explain in detail to her 5 year old how to dial 911 in case I collapse at some point. She even looked at me like I was crazy. The internet is a bad, bad thing sometimes. I swear I am not even close to being a hypochondriac. Most people might say I should take myself and my kids to the doctor more than I do. Saturday night I still had the chest pain and began really thinking of my day. The reason I might have felt light headed was b/c it dawned on me I hadn't eaten lunch yet. My back could have been hurting b/c Ruby kept turning sideways Friday night and it was sort of uncomfortable sleeping. My chest is still hurting and I am going to call a doctor to go see what's up. I told hubs Sunday morning that he was lucky I was still around to which he responded "You probably have pleurisy or you strained a muscle". No pity party ever for mama is there?

4 comments:

Kimberly Monday, July 26, 2010  

I hate to admit it but I'm a former symptom googler myself. Nothing is scarier because you always find the absolute worst case scenario. I hope it's nothing serious. Keep us posted.

Kelly Monday, July 26, 2010  

I do that allll the time. I had neck pain the other day and was convinced it was a heart attack because they say women's symptoms are different than men's. Hope everything turns out all right.

Michelle @Flying Giggles Tuesday, July 27, 2010  

Do not google things like that! I have already learned my lesson - over and over again. It just totally freaks ourselves out. Do see a doctor though and make sure everything is okay!

Joey Lynn Resciniti Tuesday, July 27, 2010  

I think the heart attack symptoms are a bum deal for women. They're essentially dizzy gas pains. I get weird muscle pains that can mimic any kind of wasting disease and I've even strained muscles that caused chest pain before.

I hope if any of us ever does have a real heart attack it's easier to distinguish from the normal stuff.

Feel better soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons