Sushi Anyone?

>> Thursday, February 11, 2010

I am not sure how I found out about Weelicious but I am so glad that I did! The other day I saw her post about Sushi Sandwiches. Wow. It was like a light bulb went off in my head. The girls will eat a California Roll when we get them but other than that they won't go near our sushi but they want to, I can see it in their eyes! Last night it was an all girl's supper b/c daddy was working so I decided to try out the "sushi" only instead of tuna I made chicken salad. Piper was sure she didn't like mayo so I went light with it.



I told them they only had to eat 3 of the 4 rolls but they each ended up getting the 4th roll out of the bowl. They loved the entire supper! Next time I am going to add more veggies to the "roll". I didn't want to freak them out on the first time b/c then they may not ever try it again. I made a 1/2 bag of edamame and they ate most of it themselves! It is always nice for me when the kiddos eat all their food. It makes me feel like I succeeded, for that meal anyway. Bonus was we ate while there was still daylight left :)



I have been needing something different for lunches b/c I am sick of making pb&j 4 of 7 days a week. They wouldn't try chicken salad before today so this was a huge thing for me. We have issues getting them to eat anything new lately. I can't wait to set some time aside and find more recipes to test out :)

3 comments:

Joey Lynn Resciniti Thursday, February 11, 2010  

That's awesome your dinner was a success! It is so frustrating for me when I try to get my daughter to try something new. She's immediately opposed just because it looks different. Oh well, you can't take it personally!

Kimberly Friday, February 12, 2010  

First thought - your dining room is gorgeous! Second thought - what a cool idea! Sounds like it worked out beautifully. :)

Michelle @Flying Giggles Friday, February 12, 2010  

What a cute idea! Thanks for sharing. I am going to try that with my girls.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons