Look into my eyes...

>> Thursday, February 25, 2010

you are getting sleeepy. Has that ever worked? It doesn't work for me either. Not only does Ruby not really enjoy taking naps but as I have blogged MANY times before she doesn't really sleep well at night. Matt has said time and again "Hey, if I could just wake up and take a quick bite of a Big Mac anytime I wanted and go back to sleep I would". I am guilty of allowing this but I can't wean her at night yet, she isn't even a year old. So, my very smart friend Leslie suggested giving little Ruby a pacifier. Up until now she hasn't been interested in them but we shall see. A few years ago I was on a mom board and reviewed some toys for ebeanstalk and as luck would have it they sent me an email asking for families to do a pacifier study. What are the odds? So a few days ago the Fed Ex man pulled into our driveway with what might be the answer to my sleep deprived prayers.



How is it going? Well, she will take it on occasion during the day but when night time comes she wants absolutely no part of it. Will I give up? Nah, I will keep trying to give it to her. I have broke 2 kids from the paci and it wasn't the worst thing in the world so I can do it again if I need to :)

For taking the time to try out the pacifiers they included a toy for our little Ruby to play with. What a fun day it was for Piper and Violet who hovered over the table while I was trying to get it out of it's packaging. Seriously, do companies need to wire baby toys down? It looks like a cool toy and I am sure our baby will love it!

2 comments:

Kimberly Thursday, February 25, 2010  

I tried pacifiers with Raya too. I hope you have better luck than I did. (Cool looking paccy's, so maybe you will!)

Oh, and LOL at Matt's comment. That's hilarious!

Mama.Mommy.Mom. Thursday, February 25, 2010  

Addison never took pacis until she was older. Then it was pulling teeth to get her to give them up. If I could do it over, would I have pushed the paci so hard? Absolutely! And I so agree on the toys being wired down! Have you bought any Barbies lately? Their heads are actually attached to the insert. It's craziness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons