A Fairy House

>> Tuesday, February 23, 2010

After we went to the Fairy Festival the girls haven't been able to stop talking about the little fairy houses. Piper asks if we have fairies and why don't they have houses. Today we rendered that. We scavenged our yard and both of our neighbors yards so we would have enough to make the house. Seems as if everyone is keeping their yards REALLY picked up this time of year, twigs and bark were hard to come by :)

Here it is. Not as pretty as the ones at the nature preserve but they had better stuff to work with, just wait until you see the one we will build for our fairy's summer house. Crafty in a sort of outdoorsy kind of way :)



While looking for the twigs and bark we came across a turtle near our dock. It was a big one. I didn't have my camera back there so it is only in our memory. The girls thought it was pretty cool. I am sure Piper will tell her teacher about it tomorrow b/c they are studying turtles this week in school.

There were 2 girls that made that house but one of them had a red mark on her foot and had to go in the house. Yet she thinks that she wants to go camping lol :)

6 comments:

Joey Lynn Resciniti Tuesday, February 23, 2010  

We so need to build a fairy house! I wonder what the fairies do where there's still over a foot of snow?

Rachael Tuesday, February 23, 2010  

That is sooooo cute, and the comment about Piper made me laugh out loud!

Staci A Wednesday, February 24, 2010  

What a fun little house! Can't wait to see what they create in the summer too!

KarieK Wednesday, February 24, 2010  

Those are still some pretty fairy houses! Kids crack me up after we take them to fun events like that, their memories are phenomenal and wondrous. I still can't get over the girls' faces....so pretty!

Michelle Wednesday, February 24, 2010  

My girls still make fairy houses (shhhh....my 14 year old would be horrified if her friends knew that). :)

Kimberly Wednesday, February 24, 2010  

So it's Wednesday and I'm just now getting around to this. Ugh - bad girl! Is the fairy house under snow yet? Hmm, maybe it's an ice princess house now. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons