U.P.(s) and Downs

>> Wednesday, January 23, 2008

We had a very special treat this evening, my brother was in town for work and stopped by the house to hang with our family. Since he lives in Upper MI we don't get to see him nearly enough. My sweet husband gave us a nice tour of the shop and then we headed back to the house for dinner and good conversation (at least I thought so). Roddy had a bunch of pictures on his Zoom so I got to see his beautiful family. Very nice evening! Pretty cool that baby Violet is really walking up a storm now so he got to see that. Good timing also brought him down our way for Piper's 1 st birthday party a few years ago. Now, to get Susie back down here (I know that you're reading!!).



For Christmas we got Piper a Waldorf doll that she affectionately named Tiki (you got me). Well, she wants absolutely nothing to do with Tiki unless that baby grabs her. Today Violet took Tiki for a ride in a stroller and was having so much fun, it was kind of a struggle for her to stay standing b/c it is just a cheapo little thing so she fell alot - but she got up smiling!



This didn't make Piper very happy though and she actually played with Tiki for about 5 minutes b/c it is "HER doll not the baby's!" That is a new record for amount of Tiki Time at our house - so sad.



Not that I am complaining (a whole lot) but with the weird weather we have been having here lately we have those crazy little ants again! They come in by the kitchen sink and not even when there is a bunch of dishes in there either - there is no rhyme or reason that I can think of for them besides their little bottoms were cold and our house is constantly a sauna. My husband JUST told me that I am not allowed to put dish detergant all over our tile backsplash b/c it is too hard to get off after it is dry and hard - bummer too b/c that kept them at bay for about 15 minutes last time. Tonight though I brought out the big guns - Windex - and killed a bunch of them. SO GROSS - I dislike ants in my kitchen! What I am not looking forward to though is tomorrow morning when their whole colony has moved in and set up camp - I drown them by spraying them down the drain - did I mention how much I dislike them...

1 comments:

Teri Wednesday, January 23, 2008  

We had a HUGE problem with them this pass summer and fall. Robert even sprayed the yard and under the house with chemicals that would take care of the problem. They still came back. I have not seen any in awhile. I hope they stay away!

Are they the little tiny ones????

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons