The Blizzard of 2008

>> Thursday, January 17, 2008

Yep, I believe that is what the news was calling it yesterday. Milk and bread were no where to be found at the local supermarkets. Kiddos were excited with the idea that there might not be any school today and they were not let down b/c it SNOWED last night! Both girls had rough nights, Violet b/c she is teething (yes again) and I am not sure why Piper was but she got up at 4 am for some reason. Her crying made Violet wake up (again) so Matt brought Piper in the living room while I got Violet back to sleep. Piper got to see snow for the first time, well not the first time but the first time that she knew what it was. NC (our area anyway) got like 2" of the white stuff last night - woo hoo!

Matt came home to have lunch with us and we headed out afterwards to build a snowman - a southern snowman doesn't look much like the ones that we created back home in WI but Piper had a ball doing it! Violet was warm and snug on my back in my BEAUTIFUL red Nino Didy. Good thing for pictures b/c with all the rain we are having I am afraid all evidence of snow will be gone by tomorrow.




4 comments:

Andrea Thursday, January 17, 2008  

I wish our snow would disappear that fast! hehe :) Love the snowman though!!!

Anonymous Thursday, January 17, 2008  

Looks like Piper and Matt had a blast =) Love the pic of you and Violet, she looks too cute!

Teri Thursday, January 17, 2008  

Your little girl is adorable!
The kids made a slushy snowman and he fell in about a hour!
Thanks for commenting my blog! I don't get to many comments...
Stay warm and lots hope for another blizzard soon
Hugs.......

Teri Thursday, January 17, 2008  

PS I added your blog to my favorite reads! Nice blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons