Mardi Gras 2012

>> Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I was on the fence if I would make the cake this year or not. Hubs was out of town and we had already celebrated Mardi Gras on Monday with a party at an old friend's house. When it came down to it though it is now a tradition so we invited our neighborhood friends over to create masks and eat some jambalaya and king cake.

masks

I forgot to take a shot of all of our masks together so these are just the zoo's. First year we used string and it worked the best to hold them on. Why I used rubber bands the past 2 years is beyond me.

group

The group. Marley too :) Violet is holding Lucky the Ladybug from her preschool class. Lucky joined in with the Mardi Gras celebration with us. We dress fancy every year so I decided to break out my fancy feather earrings my girl gave me for Christmas. Every time I wear them Piper just beams and tells me how pretty I look :) It's the little things with her. I love that ♥

cake

The cake. I am used to making it now. Probably still not as good as the cakes from New Orleans but the best this mama could do. Girls and I had leftovers for breakfast. Yum!

Laissez les Bons Temps Rouler

3 comments:

Lucy Wednesday, February 22, 2012  

Looks like a great Mardi Gras party and a tradition your girls will remember forever :)

Stacy Uncorked Wednesday, February 22, 2012  

Oh how FUN! You guys do Mardi Gras right! :)


Stinky Cats

Patrice Thursday, February 23, 2012  

Luvs ze Mardi Gras...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons