In Memory of Milo

>> Friday, February 24, 2012

Losing Milo was absolutely devastating to every member of our family. The girls were excited to have a new brother or sister to play with and Matt and I couldn't wait to spoil another little one with love. Sometimes things don't work out the way we want though. Maybe devastating is an understatement.

I had so many sweet emails and cards sent to me after I posted our birth story. Too many of us in this painful sisterhood and my heart breaks for each and every one of you. Thank you for reaching out to me.

A Fed Ex truck pulled into my driveway and dropped off a package from Seeds of Life. I had not ever heard of them before but knew the package was from my best friend Trista who told me to watch for something coming. The girls and I opened the carefully packed parcel to find a beautiful Magnolia tree.

magnolia


Then I saw the plaque and I was overwhelmed with sadness, joy, and gratitude all at the same time. To see our Milo's name on that plaque made me miss the baby I had hoped to hold and raise. The tree will be planted in our yard and I am so thankful and happy that my dear friend thought of our family and gave us such a meaningful, heartfelt gift.

name plate


Each time I look at our tree I will think of our son and know that we will be together again someday. When sadness fills my heart I will gaze out and see our tree full of gorgeous white flowers and I will feel the love and caring of an old friend. A hug when I need it from across the miles.

4 comments:

Marcelle Friday, February 24, 2012  

I feel ur pain and loss!
Beautiful gift!

Megan Friday, February 24, 2012  

what a lovely gift for your whole family.

Corey~living and loving Saturday, February 25, 2012  

oh man....I'm so mad at myself. there was a time a few weeks ago that I just had to mark everything as read in my google reader, and your post was in there. :( I am just now learning of your loss, and I feel so ashamed. I am so very sorry for all your hurt. I can not imagine. I will be sending good vibes and healing thoughts to you and your family.

Andrea Saturday, February 25, 2012  

That is so beautiful. I'm so glad your little one was honored in such a way. Much love, mama.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons