Wordful Wednesday - Worldwind Tour of the Southeast 2011

>> Wednesday, July 6, 2011

We're back and trying to get back in the swing of life. Our trip to Daytona was filled with fun and sun. Matt was able to hang out on Saturday and we decided to use some hotel points and stay at the same hotel an extra night because it was so great for the littles. We ended up taking a ride to see the shuttle late Saturday morning. Well Matt and I had a bit of a miscommunication and we ended up standing in line at the Kennedy Space Center museum. I just wanted to see the shuttle but we waited. An hour. In the hot sun. Finally Ruby was done, Piper had to go to the bathroom, and Violet whined that she didn't want to stand anymore. I told Matt that I didn't want to stay there because it wouldn't be a good afternoon with them being that way before we even got in. I know it made him mad but because I had not explained myself well enough he was rightfully frustrated with me. How about admitting that publicly. It was very quiet the first part of our ride home until we talked and I apologized. Ah well, we will see it on tv Friday right? Back at the hotel we played and played. Violet was afraid of getting bit by a shark so she held my hand in the ocean with her death grip. Saturday night we ate at Bubba Gump's. I had never been and it was fun! Forrest Gump is quite possibly my all time favorite movie. Although I can recite most of the movie to you I wasn't very good at the trivia.

bubba gump

Afterwards we walked on the beach where we saw fabulous street performers and rode the ferris wheel. It was Violet and Ruby's first time but it was mama who was the nervous one :) No shots from up top because I was holding onto my baby tightly.
magician flame guy

On the way back to our parking spot I saw this lady. Love her! So I told Matt that I wanted to grab my camera and take her picture. I walked over to where the parking guys were and chatted with them for a moment too. They were hilarious! They had a fake wallet on a string and were screwing with SO many people! It was great to watch! I tried to get Matt to fall for it but it was late when we walked back and they already had it put away. Yep, I am that wife who would do that to her husband :)
7.2.11 woman Daytona

Walking on the beach we noticed that there were a bunch of (what looked like) jelly fish all over the place. They were called moon jellyfish and ended up stinging around 700 people Saturday and 1300 on Sunday. Now why didn't I take a picture of that? Violet finally agreed to let me take some of her that is why and there is only a small window of opportunity with a 4 year old :)
7.2.11

Sunday we got up and asked for a late checkout. We hit the pool all morning and then reluctantly went back to the room for lunch and to get the van packed. When I am having a great time with my family I could stay there forever. This was one of those times. I got the bright idea that we would still be in Savannah close to supper and why not visit a restaurant there instead of one on the side of the road. Yes, my husband should receive sainthood to be married to me. Lady & Sons was not serving their buffet anymore so I chose Moon River Brewery. They make yummy beer. It's also haunted. Hubs isn't into that but I thought it was pretty cool. In honor of haunted Savannah I downloaded some free Ghost Story Actions and had to process at least 1 shot with it :) This was called Adrenaline.
charleston

We walked (with our stroller) on the rocky streets and visited the outdoor market that was still going strong.
charleston charleston3

Then we all piled in the van for the last half of our ride. There it is. Busy, fun, hot, pools, sand, jellyfish, ghosts, family, love!
Live and Love...Out Loud

1 comments:

Ashley Sisk Wednesday, July 06, 2011  

I'm not sure what to comment on first because some fun things happened over your weekend. I think I'll leave it at that. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons