70 degrees. In November. Really?

>> Thursday, November 5, 2009

We woke up really early this morning. But we have done that since this whole time change so this morning was really nothing new. Last night I called an outlet store about 1.5 hours away to find out if they had the drapes that we want for our living room - that's right I said drapes. They did - really, am I really getting excited to save money on DRAPES and drive 1.5 hours to get them?

After breakfast the girls and I were off. We left the house by 9 am so that Ruby could sleep on the ride :) As we were driving there I got to thinking, today was supposed to be a really beautiful day so how about if I made this a fun day by adding a zoo trip? I haven't been to the Greenville Zoo but, what the heck, let's do it! We found our drapes - yeah! We also found the zoo - not hard. Not my favorite zoo but the girls LOVED it. Siamangs were very vocal and active. Tarantula was as big as Violet's hand, ask her :)

Today was a good day.

Now for the obligatory photo of the children from my less than stellar backup pocket camera b/c this was an unplanned trip :)



I encourage unplanned trips, they are the best fun!

2 comments:

Kimberly Friday, November 06, 2009  

You need a bumper sticker that says, "Will drive for deals". :)

And that is so cool to see that photo. I have a photo around here somewhere of Raya and Bryce sitting on those exact lions from earlier this year. It's a small world. ;)

Susan (5 Minutes For Mom) Saturday, November 07, 2009  

I'm a spontaneous person so I love unplanned stuff. Great picture even if from a backup camera.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons