Can she do it?

>> Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Our Violet is a paci addict!! You know I didn't even introduce it to her until she was a year old and the only reason that I did was that she was still nursing and using me as a paci all.night.long! It was crazy and I was sooo tired so I thought that it was a good idea. Well, I was right she LOVED it but she would take it out and still nurse throughout the night. I have thought about taking it away these past (almost) 2 years but something always comes up and let's face it sometimes us parents just go with the "easy button". Lately I have started to notice that it is affecting her teeth which bothers me so we are going to try and get rid of it starting with her nap today. I am all about the reward system b/c quite frankly it works on our girls. Violet's reward for becoming a paci free girl? The most awesome Tinkerbell party that I can put together. We have a few mini rewards happening too though for instance today she gets to pick a piece of Halloween candy if she makes it through her nap. I will probably dig out some stickers if she can do tonight but after the first few days it is back to the big prize of the party. Lesson learned - Ruby doesn't get one :)



This was out front this morning and I interrupted their play. I was trying to get the front yard that Matt planted. I can't believe how nice our yard looks now - next up Christmas decorations :)

2 comments:

Kimberly Tuesday, November 17, 2009  

Oh gosh, my Bryce was a paci addict too. You should totally go back and read all the crap that we went through. LOL!

pacifier wars

I hope Violet lets it go more easily. And with such great incentives, she may well do that! :)

Staci A Wednesday, November 18, 2009  

Adorable pic! Good luck giving up the paci. I had my own little addict too. We gave them away to all the baby bunnies at Easter. Sounds a little crazy, but it worked!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons