Weekend Recap - Best Shot Monday

>> Monday, September 17, 2007

I posted early on Saturday but never said the fun that we would be having later that morning at The Lazy 5 Ranch. We had some much welcome cooler weather these past few mornings and the Zoo had a reservation to take a wagon ride out at the ranch at 9 am. The girls and I had been there 2 other times this year but it was with mom groups and never was it on a Saturday - so much more busy that on a Wednesday! Thankfully we were the first wagon to go out! I held Violet on my lap sitting on the middle bench with Megan beside me (not a fan of the animals pecking her I guess) and Matt had Piper on the outer bench so she could feed/see everything that came along. She had a ball! I am not sure which was her favorite animal but I think that the giraffe and water buffalo were pretty darn neat. The giraffe had a baby 3 weeks ago so we got to see that and the zebra will be having baby/babies any time now. It is definately on my list of places to go back to before winter. When you get done with the wagon ride there is a petting zoo that you can walk through - very fun morning!



Congratulations to my friend Michele, her husband, and son Bryce! Baby Cole was born on Friday evening and the family is home and doing well! Woo hoo - can't wait to get to know this little guy!

So you know how we never know where we want to live? Well...we drove by a house yesterday that is a combination of what my husband wants and what I want. I love the feel of an old home. My home in WI was built in the 40's so not THAT old but still not new either. My husband wants some land - we found a 107 year old home on 5 acres that I am hoping we can go and look at it sometime today. I will save any details until we see the inside of it because I don't want to get too excited when we might not even like the place (yeah right huh?).

If you are interested in checking out other's Best Shot Monday pictures get on over to Picture This.

5 comments:

Jennifer Monday, September 17, 2007  

That photo is great! What the heck is that...cow? Buffalo?

The house (and land!) sounds wonderful. Hopefull the inside will live up to expectations!

Jessie Monday, September 17, 2007  

It is a buffalo! It was so hard for me to take pictures b/c Violet was being rather needy. That's ok though b/c pretty soon she won't be needing me anymore, they grow up so fast.

kim Monday, September 17, 2007  

what a fun shot! That's great. fun capture!

Cari Tuesday, September 18, 2007  

That is a fun shot. What a unique perspective!

Mrs. Stam Wednesday, September 19, 2007  

That is a great shot!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons