A Dream House??

>> Thursday, September 20, 2007

I wish that people were more honest when selling a home. This is a huge investment for anyone (almost anyway) and when the realtor is misleading it is so disappointing. The "remodeled" home that we went and looked at was, I guess, remodeled but it was like at least 10 or so years ago and needed to be gone through again. There was wallpaper coming off walls, leaks in the ceiling, and let me tell you this was by far the dirtiest home that I have gone through in a long time! Wouldn't you TRY to keep your home looking at least somewhat presentable if you were trying to sell? We found out that family owns the land around it but it is a nephew not immediate family so I worry again that he might get an itch to sell to the highest bidder and then we will be right where we are now, in the middle of homes. We might still be interested in it but would ask MUCH less than what it is listed for and that might make the owner angry so I don't know.

The girls and I went to a birthday party yesterday for Piper's friend Kyle. She was even sporting her new FAVORITE accessory - pink rain boots.


The mama made the most fabulous cupcakes for our dessert, it was the frosting that was on them that was so good. Here it is...

Cream Cheese Frosting

1/2 cup butter softened
8oz cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
1 box of powdered sugar

Cream butter, cream cheese, and vanilla together. Add powdered sugar slowly until blended. That's all she wrote - FABULOUS! Maybe everyone knows this recipe and I am the only mama who doesn't but boy could I just eat the whole bowl!

Finally, I haven't done any contests lately but there is a great one at 5 Minutes for Mom. The gals are giving away a Pink Dyson! The contest ends on October 1st.

5 comments:

Mrs. Stam Friday, September 21, 2007  

Live the picture and the combination of color are gorgeous! the frosting Mmmm sound so good, and the house, yes you always feel rip off!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Renee

Unknown Friday, September 21, 2007  

I love Cream Cheese Frosting!!! Those boots are the cutest. My daughter told me she wanted some!

Drea Saturday, September 22, 2007  

Hey Jessie,
Im not sure when ill come visit my parents...(charlotte)... but! im thinking maybe oct?
is the lazy 5 open then?
If I come it be just me and the boys. so maybe we could meet up and Elizabeth w/ her 2 kids can come 2!! that be a lot of fun!

Oh and that button you have ony our blog for the crazy hip blog mamas site.. :-) I made that one HAHA

Jessie Saturday, September 22, 2007  

Drea - that's why I chose it *wink*!

Jennifer Monday, September 24, 2007  

Those boots are adorable! And that frosting...MMM...sounds dangersou!

Good luck with the house. Situations like that are so frustrating.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons