Team Up Thursday - Shape

>> Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Shape. It is everywhere but how to interpret it is the question. This week was tough for me which is good b/c sometimes I need tough. I had my half done on Sunday though b/c I am probably not capable of having better luck than the shot I got. We had to go to the grocery store and I remembered that we had a fountain with very interesting awnings next to it. That was what I had intended to shoot but then the fountains had music playing and the water "danced" along to the beat. The girls thought it was pretty cool to watch b/c they also lit up so I just started taking pictures. This was the 4th picture that I took and when I saw it big on my computer screen I pretty much knew that it was going to be my pick this week. Do you see what I see? Angie also has an interesting photo. It is a smiling face on a rock (I think) :) Having young children I immediately thought of a half eaten goldfish cracker. I put the photos together this way b/c the rock is smiling at mine. I would like to know where she found that smiling face and what she was doing when she found it. I love unexpected surprises :)



If you didn't see a long haired mama cradling her babe then I know that I just have total mama brain lol :) I see myself. It immediately screamed Bluegrass Moon to me, specifically her maternal art - so beautiful. I love the result!

Check out more Team Up Thursdays at Melody's and Megan's.




BTW - Happy Earth Day Everyone!

13 comments:

Cara Thursday, April 22, 2010  

I totally saw the Mamma holding the baby as soon as I saw it. I love little hands and the treasures they find.

Rachael Thursday, April 22, 2010  

What cool pictures, your fountain pic is amazing! You can totally see the woman!

Shelly at Aperture of My Eye Thursday, April 22, 2010  

I saw the same thing when looking at your shot. At a very quick first glance, I thought it was an ice sculpture of the woman, but when I maximized my window I realized it was a fountain. Great capture! And I see the half-eaten goldfish too! Haha

mandaroo63 Thursday, April 22, 2010  

Yes, I can see it as well...what a neat capture. And, I always love close ups of little hands!

ibeeeg Thursday, April 22, 2010  

Little treasures found are cherished in this home, love that photo. I also really like the water photo, the fountain did throw off a cool shape.

Rose Thursday, April 22, 2010  

I love that you went a different direction with shape. My interpretation was completely literal, cicle, square, triangle, etc. Maybe I've been around my literal-thinking five-year-old too much! The fountain is really cool I do see the loving mother in it.

HipMomma Thursday, April 22, 2010  

I would never have thought of shape in that way but it works! The water did take the shape of the mom. Very cool. And I see a heart in that rock. But then again my girls collect heart shaped rocks. Great dip, team.

Corey~living and loving Thursday, April 22, 2010  

I love this diptych. Both are fabulous shots.

in the fountian I see a long haired woman facing slightly to the back right corner of the photo. I'm trying to see what you see, but what I originally saw...is getting in the way. :)

Jen Thursday, April 22, 2010  

Wow! What a cool capture of the fountain and there is just something very sweet about little hands cradling something.

Megan Thursday, April 22, 2010  

fascinating! i saw a woman with long hair dancing:). these are both such creative ways to interpret "shape" -- so organic!

Joanna Thursday, April 22, 2010  

How interesting that you looked at a fountain of water and thought of "shape". And then for it to form what we all see as a mother cuddling her baby is crazy! I love it too when nature makes its own wonderful shapes...here in the form of a rock. Great job.

Kimberly Thursday, April 22, 2010  

That is super eerie/cool Jessie. I totally saw it the second I pulled the photo up. Amazing! Great week, both.

noodle and lou Friday, April 23, 2010  

yep! i so see that in the fountain! and the rock looked like a heart at first glance. we have a collection of heart shaped rocks from the beach. love those little things:):)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons