Easter 2010

>> Monday, April 5, 2010

I don't think that I ever got a toy for Easter. Eggs yes, chocolate yes, but toys - nope. Well thanks to retailers like Walgreens our children almost expect something other than eggs & chocolate.



Shame on you Walgreens and shame on me for actually feeling like our bunny had to give something extra. The girls each got a hair band in their baskets. They would have probably been happy without it but for whatever reason I felt the bunny HAD to do a little extra.

The girls each got to do 2 egg hunts. Violet did 1 at our local library while Piper was enjoying one of her own at preschool. Saturday we went to a church who did their hunt big. It was so much fun!

The girls talked to the bunny



and played on the 5 inflatables that were there. Their favorite was this huge slide.



I tried to get a picture of all 3 girls but as per normal not all of them were looking at me. So I cropped Violet out lol :)



Yesterday we concentrated on explaining to the girls that Easter is not all about egg hunts & baskets. They are really starting to understand the bible stories now that they are getting older. We had a little egg hunt in the morning b/c it is tradition with Matt's family. Yard work, some "fishing" in the lake, and a little swimming filled our day. But I managed to look down and see this



It was found in our neighbors yard but I sure hope it brings us some good luck. I guess by looking at Piper's hand she did quite a bit of swimming :) In typical zoo fashion we forgoed ham and instead dined on hotdogs - served all the way of course. You know the first time I ordered one of these down here I took a bite and thought "Brilliant!".



Then came "bessert"



and a walk to give the horse and goats down the street a carrot treat



Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Joey Lynn Resciniti Monday, April 05, 2010  

It's horrible because I'm glad Easter is over so we can STOP talking about Jesus' death for a while. I also explained about 14,000 times why it's called "Good Friday" when a bad thing happened. I'm ready for a break!

Glad you had such a great holiday - your girls are gorgeous. What a pruney hand!

Kimberly Monday, April 05, 2010  

Now see, that's the kind of weekend I've envisioned in my mind, but didn't get around to doing. :) And I can.not.believe. that you all have been swimming already. That's unreal!!!

Staci A Tuesday, April 06, 2010  

It looks like a wonderful weekend! I'm so jealous that you're already able to go swimming!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons