Walgreen's Pharmacy

>> Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I decided instead of cleaning my house (which I need to do before we leave for FL) to sit down and post about what happened to my family today. Even now, hours later, I am still sick to my stomach that something like this happened and it is so very hard for me not to blame myself partly.

Last week I posted about bringing the girls to the doctor's office and that Piper had her first ear infection - very common from what I understand talking with other mamas. The doctor wrote out the prescription and talked to me about it, I can't for the life of me remember now what exactly was said back then as I had 2 really crabby girls that I was dealing with. After leaving the doctor's office I went and dropped off the prescription to Walgreen's and headed to the grocery store while they were filling the medicine. The technician went over the instructions with me and off we went. Yesterday I noticed that I was starting to run out of the medicine and figured that they didn't give me enough so this morning I called my doctor's office to get more b/c we are heading out of town. Well, after talking to the nurse I found out that Walgreen's wrote the WRONG instructions on our medicine therefore I was giving Piper 2x the amount she was supposed to be receiving. The sweet nurse assured me that b/c it was mild antibiotic that Piper was alright but I should bring her in to make sure the infection was gone. The Pharmacist from Walgreen's did contact me and apologize, what else could he say b/c he can't take back what happened, but I did manage to tell him (through my tears) how I was EXTREMELY disappointed in their QC - how did this happen? He blamed the technician for typing wrong, Pharmacist on duty for not double checking, blah blah blah, we'll pay for your co-pay on the doctor visit, free prescription, blah blah blah, so sorry, nothing else I can say (WHICH TOTALLY PISSES ME OFF WHEN ANYONE SAYS THIS). I can't even go in there b/c I am so angry with myself for not checking the prescription without handing it to them and TRUSTING them - never again! As anal as it may seem from now on I will photocopy each prescription for any member of the zoo to make sure that what we are doing is correct.

Please make sure that you all do the same, I wouldn't wish for this to happen to any other family. As it happened Piper just got a pretty bad yeast infection out of it BUT she could have got that from the regular dose too (but right now I doubt it).

3 comments:

Andrea Wednesday, December 05, 2007  

Yikes! That's kinda crazy...hopefully they start paying better attention to what they are doing!!! And I hope your girls feel 100% better soon...glad you got the book too :)

Jennifer Thursday, December 06, 2007  

Oh my goodness, that is really scary. Really scary. I'm so glad she's okay, but I don't blame you for being really shaken up. That is NOT something that should happen.

Unknown Friday, December 07, 2007  

They did that to us several times only they didn't give us enough medication. My hubby suffers from OCD and man we couldn't for the life of us figure out why he was having issues. Then I happened to look on the bottle (because it had happened to me with my heart medication earlier in the year) and sure enough that was the reason why. Needless to say we don't go to Walgreen's anymore they made too many mistakes in my book.

I'm so sorry it happened to your daughter. I know that is so scary! Hugs to you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons