To return or not to return

>> Friday, December 21, 2007

I feel like my husband and I have gone completely crazy with presents for our children. When we first started out shopping Piper was ONLY getting a Waldorf baby in a crib and Violet was getting a Dora chair like her big sister's and some instruments. SINCE then I have been picking stuff up, not really realizing how much I was accumulating until I sat down and looked at it all - OMG! I want to teach my daughter's to be thankful for what they get and not to expect too much and then I go WAY overboard. Honestly, it isn't THAT much but more than a doll and chair KWIM? Again today in an effort to get a Christmas photo with Santa I asked Piper what she would ask Santa for - princess shoes. Huh? I waited and asked again in an hour (or so) - princess shoes. Seriously, can I NOT get her the 1 thing that she would have asked Santa for had she decided to actually talk to him? Is 2 years old too early to grant a wish like this? For fun I bought her a pair of those cheap plastic heels that the little ones look like they will break their necks when walking in - totally thrown away after just 1 day. What to do, what to do! Should I return the Mega Block Dora set that we got for her (b/c YESTERDAY she LOVED Dora) and get princess shoes instead? UGH!!

In a fun note I played around with my Photoshop last night and even though I am a TOTAL beginner I think that the little project that I created for the girl's Grandma turned out rather nice. I included names so that she would never feel at a loss when she didn't remember which kid was which- if she doesn't no one will be the wiser when she is showing them off.



Oh, and I got half of my cards finally sent out today, I forgot the other half at home - don't ask! I guess 1 or 2 friends/family might actually get a card from us before Christmas. The thing about when you send out cards this late is that people are probably thinking that they got purged from our list but we received their card so we had to hurry up and send them one too - nope, I am seriously just THAT behind this year :)

2 comments:

GreenStyleMom Wednesday, December 26, 2007  

I am like that with shopping also. I start out with a small list of gifts but by Christmas the pile has gotten way to big. Fortunately my two kids have birthdays in Feb & March so I save a bunch of presents for their birthdays.

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

ps - I've been reading, just haven't been good about commenting lately. Hopefully now that
Christmas is over, I'll be better.

Jennifer Wednesday, December 26, 2007  

I've done the same thing with shopping. Luckily my daughter has a January birthday -- there have been several Christmas Eves that I've quietly tucked a few gifts away to give to her next month. I've even been known to save some for Easter. ;)

I love the beautiful photo collage -- I'm betting Grandma loved it too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Me.

My photo
I am 45 years old and married to my best friend Matthew. We are the parents of 3 girls, 2 dogs, and a cat. This is the story of us, try to stay awake.
Eighty MPH Mom Contributors

Followers

Blog Archives

My Wee View
Photobucket
Natalie's Sentiments
mommas gone over the wall






BWS tips button

My Reads

Twitter Buttons